Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #1

Lightbulb Expansion tank location

I just purchased a 2004 Lexington grand touring series and I certainly need some help here.

1- There as to be an expansion tank in there and I feel so stupid not being able to find it. Pressure at the outlet of the pump, no water to all plumbing equipment & no city hook-up.
There as to be a valve somewhere and I canīt find any. Checked under the bed & under the vehicle, nada.
The unit came with no papers & I wish I could find instructions somewhere.
2- The electric coach steps (Lippert) where frozen open by rust, had to replace the ball joint, take the whole thing apart and lubricate. Motor is good but I canīt find the darn door switch. None apparent. I bought that there could be none but that would be nonsense to me.
3- I need to bleed air from the levelling jacks. Where is the best place to do a good job ‽
4- Have an Apollo 1/2 time microwave oven with no instructions. Not sure if working at least, cannot make it work.
5- Will be buying a rear camera but would like one that as gps, mp3 on it,
could use a suggestion.
6- Any problems with water getting in the outside compartments when driving in the rain and if yes, what is a good practice to keep storage dry. I will change most whether stripping.
7- Some of the caulking will have to be redone. Will remove the old one before but lots of the original appears very good and i feel like leaving it there. ‽‽‽
Whiskydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM   #2

Forgot to Identify myself properly in my thread so there it is
Guy Leclerc
Quebec, Canada
Best regards to you all and Tks to all replys
Whiskydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #3

more than likely, the relief on the hot water heater serves as the system relief in case all valves are blocked.

hydrolic, i'm not familiar with ur unit but when i get air in my slide outs, i simply run them in and out a couple times and that clears it.

i installed an apallo 1/2 time oven this spring. give me a couple days to figure out how to scan the instructions and i will send u a copy. i believe they are a little scarce. if i remember correctly, to set the clock, hit clock, put in the time, then press start. see if that works. i'm trying to figure if ur conv/micro is completely dead or what.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:14 AM   #4

This may sound simple, but check under sink to make sure microwave is plugged in to the outlet. We thought ours was broke too. For 2 weeks we went w/o it before my 8 year old kid saw that is was unplugged.

we also had problems with lower storage filling with water. It was due to the old compressed weather stripping. Also, FR engineers were not thinking when they had the doors swing down. This make water entry a bigger problem than it needs to be. I installed new stripping on both the wall and the door. The 2 stripping areas then come together when shut. It makes for a much tighter fit and no water so far.
turbosek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I would indeed be surprised if there is an expansion tank in your unit. Expansion tanks are usually after-market items. Why do you think there has to be one? I assure you that there is a city water hook-up. Since you say that you have water pressure at the outlet side of the pump, make sure that your low point drain valves are closed.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with dimurrrw, there IS a city hook up somewhere.

Fill the tank with water, and make the tank drain is not open by looking for water running from under the RV, turn the pump on, and leave it on, now go outside to the water heater, open the door, and pull the handle on the pop off valve. Now, smoke a cigarette, drink a beer, whatever, and wait till you get a steady stream of water coming out. should be 5 minutes or so. If you never get water, the water heater may be in winterization mode, not to worry, should still get water at faucets, so go check them one more time. It takes a while for the pump to prime and get all the air of the lines, especially the water heater, AND NO, the cold won't work till the water heater is filled!

If in that time, the pump never shuts off, then you don't have much pressure coming out of the pump.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote