Old 09-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #11
HikerBob

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskom View Post
Like all radio's multimedia centers they go bad after a while but this is a opportunity to upgrade to something much better. you can check (crutch field.com) to get a idea of what is out there today. All you have to know is what you want it to be able to do.
Crutchfield sells a replacement unit for the Concertone that's in my TT, but they want $499 for it. Ain't going to happen. That's highway robbery!

Old 09-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #12

You might want to try a place called Bontraggers. It is like an RV goodie barn. They have a lot of surplus from local RV manufacturers. They are located in White Pigeon, Mi which is close to Coachmen, Jayco and Forest River. I think that they have a web site. They had the same intertainment center that I put in my CC.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikerBob View Post
Crutchfield sells a replacement unit for the Concertone that's in my TT, but they want $499 for it. Ain't going to happen. That's highway robbery!
I have used Crutchfield ONCE Now I have learned that if they have it and you want it GOOGLE IT and find it for half the price or set your sights on something else.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM   #14
HikerBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
I have used Crutchfield ONCE Now I have learned that if they have it and you want it GOOGLE IT and find it for half the price or set your sights on something else.
I didn't mention earlier that I did what you suggest and found a replacement on e-bay, but when I received it, it didn't work. The seller refunded my money, but I was back at square one. I might try again, but now that it's no longer in production, I doubt anyone will have a new one sitting on a shelf and I don't want to go through a used one again. Siskom says "all multimedia systems go bad after a while..." What a sad commentary on the quality of todays products. I can understand mechanical things wearing out, but not the electronics when we have space systems that are sending back signals from millions of miles away 20+ years after they left the earth. I also understand that since lead has been banned from nearly everything, circuit boards are now silver soldered, and thin silver has no flex like lead, so going down the rough road may open circuits on a printed board more easily. Guess that's why you have to get a new "smart" phone every year....which is why I still have my flip phone!:blowup

Tags
forest river