Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Member
 
grandmapaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
Forest River Multi Media Player DC12

We have a 2011 Lexington. The DVD feature of the Multi Media Player installed at the factory quit working and the box is deteriorating. It is sticky and cannot be cleaned...the plastic or whatever it is made of is falling apart. The box seems to be a necessary part of the television sound system. Has anyone else had problems with this system? How did you rectify the issue? Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
grandmapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,354
I feel ya... Mine feels like it's got cosmoline on it. I thought I caused it wiping with something....evidently you wiped with the same thing ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #3
Member
 
grandmapaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
I'm guessing it got too hot in that little compartment where it is located even though we always keep the compartment door open when the Multi Media Player, or even just the TV is playing.

Does your Multi Media Player still work?
__________________
grandmapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,354
I dunno.... Mine isn't covered

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443191081.847278.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	89810


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Member
 
grandmapaula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 60
Hum Iwannacamp, yours is set up sensibly. Mine is in a very small enclosed space.
__________________
grandmapaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
LANShark42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SW Indiana
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
I feel ya... Mine feels like it's got cosmoline on it. I thought I caused it wiping with something....evidently you wiped with the same thing ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Cosmoline?!? Well it's not a Mosin Nagant!!!
__________________
19xx Wife (named Melissa)
2014 Akita (named Mizuki)
2015 F250XLT 6.2l V8, 4x4, Supercrew, 3.73 Rear
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANShark42 View Post
Cosmoline?!? Well it's not a Mosin Nagant!!!

Lol. I got two of those. One is Arsenal rebuilt and "new"

The one with the rifle shoots.
One out of two gets a rifle.
The one without follows him.
When the one with the rifle gets killed.
The one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots.

Poor Russian soldiers!!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
LANShark42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SW Indiana
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Lol. I got two of those. One is Arsenal rebuilt and "new"

The one with the rifle shoots.
One out of two gets a rifle.
The one without follows him.
When the one with the rifle gets killed.
The one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots.

Poor Russian soldiers!!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I thought you might when you mentioned Cosmoline. I have 3 - (2) M91/30s and an M44 carbine. Love to shoot them but wouldn't want to have been a Russian soldier!
__________________
19xx Wife (named Melissa)
2014 Akita (named Mizuki)
2015 F250XLT 6.2l V8, 4x4, Supercrew, 3.73 Rear
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
HikerBob
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Minden, NV
Posts: 131
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmapaula View Post
We have a 2011 Lexington. The DVD feature of the Multi Media Player installed at the factory quit working and the box is deteriorating. It is sticky and cannot be cleaned...the plastic or whatever it is made of is falling apart. The box seems to be a necessary part of the television sound system. Has anyone else had problems with this system? How did you rectify the issue? Thanks.


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Yes, the radio portion of the unit in our 2011 MiniLite etc 181 quit working two years ago. Having had considerable experience with electronics, but now without test equipment, I dismantled the unit and probed for the problem. It was likely a component failure as all cables and antennae were attached. It was out of warranty (naturally) and FR wanted over $300 for a new one. I went to the manufacturer's website and got a similar result when calling them. We don't have TV but the CD player works fine, and we don't really need a radio when we're trying to escape civilization in the forest. If I hit the jackpot at the local casino I might get a new unit, but for now, it's just fine.
__________________
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
siskom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 119
radio

Like all radio's multimedia centers they go bad after a while but this is a opportunity to upgrade to something much better. you can check (crutch field.com) to get a idea of what is out there today. All you have to know is what you want it to be able to do.
__________________

__________________
siskom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.