Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #31

Nothing is perfect in the trailers business and I had my share of troubles on my brand new minilite just one week after it was in my driveway. What was supposed to be a dream turned out to be a real horror story and all my $20,000. I invested in that trailer. I dreamed 2 years me and my wife to end up in a disaster. My good dealer understood us and my trailer was sent to Millersburg for a complete rebuilt including a new rear wall etc.etc. I can only praise FR for the effort they did to give me back my trailer the way I was expecting it to be. They did a super job in all the repairs . This fiasco should have never happened but since nothing is perfect it did. We are very happy now.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #32

Don't know if I mentioned this before, but my last 2 (american made) vehicles I bought, 06 Chev pick-up with over 50,000 miles and a 08 Taurus with over 40,000 miles have not had one issue with either one. Can't some of their quality improvement carry over onto rv manufacturers?

Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #33

In his very first post on this forum, DaveT said, and I quote;
"I was fixing things on my Winnebago, until the day I sold it. I bought it new in 2004."

So I guess it isn't just FR he hates.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You cannot compare cars and trucks to a camper.
do cars have plumbing or slides or 110 volt wiring?
are cars made from housing materials?
Wood?

Two posts ago the poster said his slide motor went bad on a one yr old used unit.
for one he doesn't know the previous owner didn't abuse it.
and secondly forest river doesn't make there own slide motors they are third party.

As bc said the DEALERS should catch most if not all issues.

I've had a couple minor ones on my two new campers I bought I guess I have a better dealer than most cause he caught
anything wrong.

By the way I thought this was a public forum?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #35

Angry Dave T.-poor workmanship & bad products from Forest River

Dave Sorry to hear about your troubles with your 2009 Lexington 295 GTS!

We have a 2009 283GTS, knock wood no real problems to speak of except the darn Fresh Water Tank continues to over flow through the Filler Cap, even though we keep it at 1/3 , plus the Sewer Flush connection leaks like a shieve?

Am sure as we coninue to shake rattle and roll down the road things will work loose.

But I have to agree that FR Quality Control could use some Serius Quality Control maybe Warren Buffet needs to pay a visit to the plant and have a come to Jesus Meeting with Management?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #36

Sorry about that, I thought I was in the wrong spot!
The wife and I just bought a 30' "2005" Rockwood 5th wheel about 5 weeks ago. What a piece of junk! The workmanship is a joke, their was know quality control on this one, and the design and engineering is something to laugh about.
I have a list as long as my left arm, in short we can talk about the A/C duct system. When we first turned on the A/C, little white Styrofoam chunks blew out of the ceiling registers all over the unit. Very little air was coming out of the forward registers in the overhead. We couldn't believe it! It appears that they used the Styrofoam to create the ventilation passages for the A/C registers. Now, six years down the road, the Styrofoam is starting to come apart. Not only do we have the little white chunks to play with, but it appears that the passages from the A/C to the registers are partially blocked. Day before yesterday I reached up to push on a separated ceiling joint molding and I felt cold air from the A/C coming out of it. "Kudos" to Forest River, they finally solved the long lost art of cooling the roof of a 30' 5th wheel. And theirs more! It's to bad I can't go on wright now, I do have to eat sometime. But I will be back with chapter two!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #37
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

7 yr old piece of junk ? if there was known quality controls issues then why did you buy it?
the previous owner must have not took very good care of it if you have an arms length of problems . or you didn't check everything out when you bought it .
styrofoam is common practice in all campers for ventilation routing . Not all but most .
its been out of warranty for 5 years so blaming forest river for quality control is truly ignorant on your part.
cant wait to hear more on a 7 year old second hand 5er !
im going to eat and read chapter 2 .
Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #38

Time out!

Attached Images

Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Im sure you'll grow to love your wonderful forest river rv

troll
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #40

I see you are a Charlie Sheen admirer!