Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #41
I can se there are people on here that think F R is the greatest or a piece of crap. With a few less problems, I could have been in the first batch. Wayne

Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #42
I'm lost.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 10-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #43
Wayne, Here! Here! I'm 58 yrs youg and owned RV's for 29 of them. I know quality construction when I see it, and I know crap when when I see it.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:23 PM   #44
Well.... This is an interesting thread. Let me first say, I know zero about TT's as the name says. I have purchased a new TT about 4 weeks ago so my knowledge is zero, although learning. Going back, many pages the op's post was 3 things( that I recall).

Marker lights(trailer lights) zero insight on that, zero electrical knowledge. My father in law installed hitches/trailer lighting etc for 20 or so years after the navy and can fix those in a heart beat. Past experience with my boat trailer usually left me with a bad/loose ground wire.

City water leak. First time out in my new trailer, I hooked up to city, blasted it open. Went into trailer, went to get sweater out of closet next to bed, foot got wet(leak). What I found out is that the dealer told me I needed a pressure regulator on city water, which I had bought. Screwed it on without doing anything else problem solved.

Black water flush leak. Same problem as above, used pressure regulator, leak gone.

After reading winterizing posts about controlling psi/etc I only assume that in an effort to reduce weights/etc that the mfg's are using lighter weight hoses and less rigid fittings leading to minimize pressures to so that fittings and hoses are not compromised. So far, 1 trip, I have found 2 cosmetic issues(could be from transit or from being on showroom floor and many walking thru) and no true mechanical or workmanship errors. The true test will come when the 4 of us spend the week if thanksgiving in it at the smokey mtns.
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
Old 10-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #45
This is entertaining reading. I have been camping for 5 years now (averaging 15 trips a season) and regardless of where I am - if I ever have an issue, there's a camper nearby that can and does offer to help and the problem is usually, and easily, corrected. Seems the original poster needs to vent and is not really looking (asking) for assistance. I've owned my 2008 Cherokee 28FBS for 3 years now and the only minor issue I've suffered is the gas valve issue I've got now with the hot water heater.
I'm just the driver
She's the boss
He's the assistant

Our Shih Tzus are the crew.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #46
I was ready to go for my breakfast but I found that there was 3 extra pages that I had to read because it is a tread that I dont remember seeing one so entertaining!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #47
"I have been camping for 5 years now (averaging 15 trips a season) and regardless of where I am - if I ever have an issue, there's a camper nearby that can and does offer to help"
Agree 100% Roswell!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus
I agree with Boyd's post # 38..........time out !!!

This thread had gotten totally out of control. I am still working to delete the most inflammatory or unrelated posts. This thread is closed.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
Closed Thread