Old 03-15-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
fresh water tank won't fill, anyone have any suggestions?

Just dewinterized and my fresh water tank won't fill, anyone have any suggestions?
Anyone have this issue before?

dhedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
What does that mean - Will not follow?

Sorry. I am not sure what that means.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
Sorry the auto fill caught me. I meant to say, the fresh water tank will not fill. I have a Forest River Lexington 283 GTS 2014. Is there a valve that I'm missing? I had it winterized at the dealer.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
Site Team
dhedrick , I fixed your title.
Next year is here - GO CUBS- 4 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
My 2006 has no valve, but that wouldn't preclude a newer one having one, I am sure. I haven't had any trouble filling my fresh water tank.
heb1024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #6
I don't have a Lexington so take this with a grain of salt since you may have a different setup than mine.

On my sunseeker, I sometimes have trouble with the gravity fill due to the vent line being longer than the fill hose and hanging down. As a result water gets stuck in the vent and acts like a trap which prevents water going into the tank

The solution on mine is to lift the vent hose up and drain it back into the tank. And the permanent solution is to shorten the vent line. If it's been cold any water left in the vent may be frozen.

As I said, not being familiar with lexingtons maybe you don't even have a gravity fill..... But if so, the above is a common problem.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #7
What jeweler said.

Camping World sells an attachment to the hose (or just use a hose with the end cut off). Feed that all the way into the tank to ensure there is not a low hanging fill line. Could be a kinked line too. Sometimes they zip tie them in place.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
Issue is Corrected

Thanks to everyone for responding to my request. I have solved the problem. I am new to RVing and instructions from the dealer was very limited. After reading several posts in this forum I realized I didn't have a problem and everything was working the way it should. I was expecting the "city water" to fill the tank as you all probably know this isn't the case so I filled the tank from the Fresh Water fill and Life is Great. Thanks again for your time as I continue to learn.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #9
Don't feel bad, it took three or four verbal explanations and some diagrams on a napkin for me to comprehend the water layout! Lol. What uses the battery, what uses gas, and which can go back and forth still a tangle for me. As all these wonderful people will attest, no such thing as a dumb question.

David & Carolyn, accompanied by
Cocoa & Shae, the Miniature Schnauzer sisters

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote

water tank, water, fresh water, tank