Old 05-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #11
Tango, I don't own a MH so I can't help you with the gas mileage question, but.....

to the forum!

Don't worry. It will get better.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
What kind of gas mileage are y'all getting? We're looking at the 265DS and we plan to tow a Jeep. Any predictions?
You put the question IN the Lexington heading, listed the 265DS in the did just fine. Seemed pretty self explanatory...otherwise I would have posted that my 2007 Jeep gets 12 towing a flat bed trailer.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
Here are my real life figures:

First, the baseline. This is a brand new vehicle. It is not over-weighted and I am usually travelling with a full water tank. I traveled from central FL through Utah mostly on interstates. I use the cruise control set for 61-2 mph unless in the mountains and then I adjusted manually to avoid the surge on grades. I am very conscious not to accelerate quickly. I use 3rd gear up mountains and maintain around 25-30 mph and am almost always maintaining the tach to be 2200 rpm. I have done mountain driving in Utah and have driven in high winds of New Mexico. I have put about 6 hours on my generator. I do not tow.

Miles Driven: 2304
# Gallons of Fuel Purchased: 291
Miles per gal: 7.9

That seems right and I estimated (hoped) for a little over 8mpg before I ran the numbers. However, I broke out the mileage in the mountains and high wind driving and those conditions dragged down the overall mileage significantly.

From Florida until Amarillo, TX, I ran 1281 miles and consumed 131 gal of fuel, which puts the mileage at 9.75.
"Some say that wine improves with age...I say that age improves with wine"

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
We have a 2009 gts, built on the 2008 ford 450 super duty., with 10,500 mile last trip in september huntington beach, north up 101 to el capitan state beach, pismo beach, half moon bay, bodega bay back south to buellton and then home towing a jeep wrangler at a constant 55 mph, averaged 7.92 mpg
MSCRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Our 29' Lexington gets about 8.1 NOT pulling a tow....

labradoodlelover is offline   Reply With Quote