Old 07-10-2011, 08:05 PM   #1

HEADS UP FOR LEXINGTON MH Owners

I just discovered a major FR design flaw.... The freshwater fill hose line under the bed rubs against the edge of the paneling as it feeds through from the outside (FR zip tied it against the edge of the paneling) and this constant rubbing will cut the fill line almost in half and allow water to flood the area under the bed every time you try to fill tank.... ASK ME!!!! Just spent an hour or so soaking up water with towels.... After a search, I discovered the problem. I have cut the hole larger, removed two halves of water line (one that feeds from outside and other under the bed) and will replace everything better than new...

Though everyone would like to check this out BEFORE the flood and not have to experience the absolute joy I've been through...

ernest917

Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 AM   #2

I've already been there ! Not with the hose breaking but with the poor job of the installation of it! I tried to add water to the rig after I bought it last fall. Water ran out as fast as I ran it in. I found out I was trying to run water up hill! I had the dealer work on it & it still wasn't all that good. I think the cap & filler are mounted too low on the outside. There isn't that much drop but it does work after supporting the hose inside! Bad workmanship by the clown at the factory working on this!!

Old 07-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
GM

What year? Which model?
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #4

2006 Lexington GTS.... It's a great unit... This is the first issue I've had with it... I leave Friday going from Texas to Yellowstone NP so hopefully, fingers crossed, everything will be fine...
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting this. We are just getting ready to head out to Goshen for the Rally when I came across this thread. DH checked our bus and sure enough we were a few bumps away from a flood. Repair done. Thanks for the heads up.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #6

Has this been corrected or still prevalent? Have a new 2013 GTS 265. Will check mine tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #7

Ours is a 2006. New to us but not new! Easy to check under the bed. Better safe than sorry. Happy camping.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
GM

Mentioned this to engineering and production. Likely an old design.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Mentioned this to engineering and production. Likely an old design.
Thanks for the quick reply
Old 07-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #10

Having electrical problems everything was good till late evening when power began fading then surging. New to the rv thing so not sure of how to cure this. I hate sitting in the dark!