Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #1

House Batteries - When charging or not on 120V

We have a 2008 Lexington 283GTS and were wondering if the house (MH) batteries were charging when the MH was connected to 120V. If the Battery disconnect switch (inside the coach near the side door) is turned to battery disconnect and the MH is plugged into 120V are the 2 house (MH) batteries still being charged or not? I checked the owners manual and was no help. Thanks
rpgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #2

First question; yes, they should be if your converter/charger is working.
Second question; probably not, only way to tell for sure on either question is to use a volt meter and get a reading not plugged in, then plug the 120 in and check the reading, the voltage should come up some. Then turn off the battery disconnect and the voltage will either start to slowly taper off or remain the same. If it remains the same, it is charging.

https://rvpdi.com
Acableguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgibbs View Post
We have a 2008 Lexington 283GTS and were wondering if the house (MH) batteries were charging when the MH was connected to 120V. If the Battery disconnect switch (inside the coach near the side door) is turned to battery disconnect and the MH is plugged into 120V are the 2 house (MH) batteries still being charged or not? I checked the owners manual and was no help. Thanks
Check the ground connection to the coach, I have a 2009 3000 GTS the ground connection broke where it connect to coach.
mh22776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
on my 2007 Lexington GTS 300: house batteries do charge when plugged into 120V. they do not charge when battery disconnect is off.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, battery