Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #1

lex 283 ts

I'm the process of purchasing a 05 Lexington 283 ts whith 60,000 k on it.
the pre inspection went well, but would like some insight on what to look for when i do my final pick up inspection. Any sugestions would be apreciated for a newbie. Thanks
viper151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:14 PM   #2

I'm assuming you are buying this from a dealer? They should go through verything to make sure it works . Also to show you how it operates. I mean everything. Radios,TVs ,ref , hot water heater ,water pump, generator, backup camera (if it has one), furnace, air & all the stuff that comes with the chassis. Also they should have washed it, so make sure none of the compartments leaked from the washing. Make sure the slide outs work. I would also get up on the roof & check it out.
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
MovinSue

Pre-inspection

Have dealer show you how to manually retract your slide(s). Make sure ALL manuals are aboard or have the dealer download the missing ones. Have the awning demonstrated and make sure there is an awning rod. If it is motorized and has a remaining engine warranty, make sure the dealer has transferred the paperwork to you. Check spare tire (make sure it is usable and correct psi). Make sure the potty holds water. Turn on water heater and operate ALL faucets hot and cold and let them run a few. Check the location of breakers and fuse boxes and understand how to troubleshoot a power outage. Measure the tire pressure and test drive for alignment. Dealer should deliver you with a full tank of gas and propane.

A thorough pre-delivery orientation should take 2+ hours.

And like the previous poster said, have EVERYTHING demonstrated--not just presented!

And for heaven's sake, don't take it off the lot if items are not functional or missing. You WILL regret that if you do.
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote