Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #1

lexington 235 electric step

I have a 2004 lexington 235 motorhome. The electric step stopped working this winter. I did the electrical check and thought I'd lost the module and the motor. Checked around found compete step by stromberg/carlson cheaper than the parts.
Got it and installed it, still not working. It works using another battery.I went thru the electrical test steps again. It doesn't lose voltage on the red wire with step switch off or on. I did replace the step switch does the same. I've cleaned the ground and checked resistence. It looked good. Voltage on the yellow wire is good, door switches resistance looks good.
Has anyone seen something like this before? I've got a plans to take it to
campingworld to let them check. But curious if anyone has run in this before.
djfisher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #2

To those reading the electric step, it was a bad hot wire or red wire. Took a few hours for camping world to find it. It showed 13 volts +/-, but when loaded or connected it would drop to 11 - volts. Anyway new lead all is well.
djfisher13 is offline   Reply With Quote