Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

lexington 235s shower door oops

Purchased an Irving pleated shower door for my 2008 lexington with the rear corner bath. Did not see that the outer wall of this unit has a curved wall. Thus the upper track is about 3.5 inches shorter than the lower track because of the curved wall. Has anybody installed any kind of door or modification in this situation? Looks like I'm probably doomed to a shower curtain.

Thanks for any input.
bobm253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:52 AM   #2

Well after much thought I decided to mount the door anyway. I attached the permanent side to the wall with the slope and the pvc type material had enough flex to conform to the curve. It's supposed to be held in place with the double sided tape only but I also used three small screws for extra support and ditto the other side. Seems to be working fine and slides normally. So I'll give this a good test next trip out in a couple of days.

Going to caulk the inside real good and don't think I'll have much water leakage if any, as compared to the prior shower curtain.
bobm253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, lexington, show, shower