Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #1

Lexington 255 Fresh Water Fill

I'm hoping someone can help with filling the fresh water tank on my 2005 Lexington 255?

On the other campers I've had, there's always a gravity fill spot where I could just insert a hose to fill - not this one. It's got a female hose connection that doesn't seem to allow gravity fill - right below the city water connection.

Is there a valve somewhere to allow fresh water fill? Does the fresh water tank need pressurized water to fill?

Thanks for any help.

Todd
SportBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:43 AM   #2

Ours is on the drivers side of the rear cap.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #3

Thanks. Found the fill point ok - just couldn't get it to take water. Ended up having to get a transfer pump pressurize the fresh water intake. Seems there's a check valve and it the only way to flow through past it is pressure.

A lot different than my other fresh water connections.

Todd
Old 07-04-2016, 07:57 PM   #4

Oh, I got it. Ours is hard to fill also because it goes straight into the tank, not down to the tank as you would think. I haven't seen any check valve or anything but the only way to fill is to have enough pressure to get the water really flowing into the port.
When filling from a hose I use a plastic spout about 8" long. Screws onto the hose and sticks way into the port. Really gets the water moving. I bought it at Walmart years ago.
When dry camping I refill ours with a 6 gal container and it does alright until the very end when I get a lot of backflow. It has about a 6" spout. It makes you feel bad when you first have to pump the water into the container then carry it to the RV and heft it up to pour only to have some of it pour out on your feet at the very end.

2010 Lexington 255 GTS

2000 Jeep Cherokee Toad
dontay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 PM   #5

FYI : we owned a 2006 Lexington before we got out Berkshire and loved it...

Here's something I discovered: the water fill tube comes into the rear of the coach and goes through the wooden frame of the bed and connects to the freshwater tank....

Check that filler tube - mine had rubbed against the wooden bed frame resulting in a hole in the tube... This resulted with me almost filling the under-bed area with water...

I ended up enlarging the hole in the bed frame and replacing the filler tube - problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:53 PM   #6

Well first time out was a success. No water leaks and a full fresh tank, but will check out the water line in greater detail now that we're home ernest917. Thanks!

Tags
255, fresh water, lexington, water