Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #1

Lexington back home

After 5 weeks warranty work, our Lexington is home. It is a new 2009 295 GTS that was on the dealers lot for over 2 years. After owning a 38 ft. Winnebago we wanted to spend a night in it to see if we could handle the downsizing. That was not to be! We bought it in mid Sept. & took it back to the dealer in Oct.. Here is a list of what we found . Bad coach battery, bad Concertone, Bad cab radio, bad back camera, bad inverter, bad HalfTime oven, bad slide out seal, corner outside slide out falling off & fresh water tank fill , went uphill instead of down!
Now the question is "Should we get out of northern MN with it this winter? Can we trust everything to work? Can we handle the downsizing, for how long?" Don't get me wrong. I love the coach but I don't know if the love will last. These warranty issues happen. As long as they are fixed, everything is OK. I was fixing things on my Winnebago, until the day I sold it. I bought it new in 2004.
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #2

Hi Dave
We have a 2006 Lex. that we just purchased bad corner, 1/2 time oven bad, storage compartments leak, rides like lumberwagon, Have fixed most problems hopeing for the best. We are in mpls. area, Good luck let us know how you do.
Wrinkles
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #3

Wringles,
I never got home with Lexington until after dark yesterday. I bought it from Bullyans in Duluth. Right now i am pi**ed. The corner of slide out & the seal are done terribly!! I even had to stay longer yesterday because both were poorly done! But I never rechecked after they were redone! I could have done a better job myself! I don't like to whine but I can't believe the work that was done! So tomorrow I am going to give the owner a call & it is going back! This is problem with having repairs done at a dealers instead of at the factory. The work is only as good as the tech working on it! I can't get the driver's side slide out to work. Must be a fuse or something. No instructions on slide out! I am from Grand Rapids & this is the latest I have been here since 2003. But I am going nowhere until this thing is fixed.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #4

Dave
I can beleive the trouble you are having, the dealers in mpls. area and there are plenty are equally as bad. I did find one however that breaks the mould Brambillas in shakopee is tops, I wish you were close. I wish you all the best keep us informed it helps all of us in a learning way. Wrinkles
wrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

I emailed the owner of Bullyans this morning with pictures of the work down on the rig. I also called him. He was discussed with the work that was done! He had the 2 order writers or service managers in his office. Also by the work orders he knows who did the work. He called & wanted more pictures to figure out want to do with that slide-out corner. When the weather clears up it's going back there. I wish he would buy it back from me but I haven't asked him if he would yet.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #6

Similar problems with my 2008 30ss I purchased in Texas. Dealer is horrible and after a couple of attempts to get them to fix the oven, concertcrap, etc...decided against further torture and just live with things as is. Felt like writing Warren Buffet to give a personal complaint.
Negotiator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #7

My Lexington repairs are still on hold by my choosing. The roads here in northern MN can get salt slush with the least amount of snow. I need dry roads for the trip to & from. That might not be until spring. I WILL NOT just go through the service department without the owner being involved! I told him that was my wishes & he agreed. After the work is done I am going have him inspect it & give me a call to pick it up.
I don't know how this RV industry business survives. No quality control & poor dealers. I really have to question us buyers!
Negotiator- What is the trouble with your oven? Mine would start up, with nobody around, if it was plugged into shore power.There is a know problem with a cable being pitched causing problems!
Old 12-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
Similar problems with my 2008 30ss I purchased in Texas. Dealer is horrible and after a couple of attempts to get them to fix the oven, concertcrap, etc...decided against further torture and just live with things as is. Felt like writing Warren Buffet to give a personal complaint.
Whats up with the Concertone?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #9

Continued problems with the wrong diameter hose clamps installed by the factory. Just had a service out last night to ID the problem of water all over the bedroom carpet. Second instance...different part of the plumbing. This time the leaks are around the water pump. I am really dissapointed with the quality of my Lexington. Would never recommend one based on my experience.
Negotiator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington