Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #1

Lexington couch slideout

This question for any Lexington owner.We bought a new 2013 Lexington 283GTS in February of this year.My question is,does the couch slideout have a seal at the bottom of the opening, like the other slides have? I would say mine was not installed at the factory ,no screw holes ,track or seal
at bottom of this opening.Thanks for any replies. James
jamesmi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:06 PM   #2

We have a 2012 283ts. If you are refering to the outside bottom of the slide-out, on the wall, there is none on ours either. Have been through some heavy rain, both parked and driven through, and never noticed any water intrusion through the bottom of the slides. And, I do check my rig after each rain for any water that may have entered.
However, keep your eye on the seals at the top of the slides. The seals are on a track type mounting, and the seals can sometimes "slide" to the front or more normally to the back, leaving a gap in the upper corner. For awhile I kept finding water on the top of the slide when it was in. Seal had slid back only an inch or so, but it was enough to let a bit of water in.
Used a dab of contact cement to anchor the seal to the seal slide, and also put a small piece of weatherstripping there to supplement the seal.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #3

Lexington couch slideout

Thanks Grumpy for the reply Any idea why the other two slides have the bottom seal on the wall and not the couch slide? Maybe B.Clemens can answer. any others? thanks James
Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Depends on the slide mechanism. I think on that front living room slide, there is a seal inboard of the wall...can't remember for sure, I would have to look next week when I'm back in the plant.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #5

james, as was noted, there is a seal on the inboard lower wall opening of our couch area slide-outs. Don't know if adding an outer seal, like the ones on the sides of the opening would be any more "waterproof".
It's easy enough to do, however. I just ordered and received some new "D" seal and "D Seal Base Track" that I ordered from Amazon. I have to replace the seals on the sides of the couch slide as they were installed a bit sloppily at the factory. The seals are OE type from AP RV Products. A bit expensive as you can only get 35' lengths which is just enough to replace all the side seals on our Lexi's with 3 slide outs. You could add a seal at the bottom of the slide out, no drilling as it's applied with double sided auto grade tape.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #6

Grumpy thank you for the great info, I will check all of the seals and chalking
before winter. James

Tags
lexington, slide, slide out