Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #1
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Lexington Modifications

Before I mention my next mod, I will list my Modification Page I have been adding to for the last few years to my Lexington 255 GTS:

RickLSmith53 Album - My Photo Gallery

Next I plan to remove the three burner stove we have never used. Then replace it with a new Corian top and in the process do an under counter mounted sink. Then I can do a matching Corian insert. That will give the wife the countertop she has wished for! I will then get one of the 1 or 2 burner "Induction" units to carry just in case we need a stove one day... While talking about this part of the MH I will mention another project I did last year with all my LED lighting upgrades. I replaced that wimpy worthless light in the range hood with high powered LED strips lights I purchased on eBay. Now it looks like daytime when we use the hood lighting! If you wife can't find you handsome, at least she can find you handy... A quote from the old Red Green Show. Keep on campin'!!!
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #2

FYI, Not sure about your model but the counter top in my 07 235 is wider than a standard counter top. If you're getting a custom piece it might be a good idea to check before the dealer measures. Also, try removing the range hood. It's about useless anyway. Took mine out and it really opened up the area. I added an LED light in it's place.

I'd also consider an integrated sink. undermount sinks are a pain in the butt to keep clean. Debris gets lodged in the seam.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #3

Love the recliners. Where did you get them, and how did they fit on that short slide?
richardkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #4
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Recliner/Loveseat

That is sold by Camping World in assorted colors. The Loveseat with the center console fit like a glove. But take note, it will be a couple inches taller than the original couch. I made matching raised platforms to place in front of each side when we are using the loveseat so our feet don't feel like they are dangling. But it made my little Lexie a mini-Prevost!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:54 PM   #5
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Kitchen Remodeled & Lots More!

Well, I finally completed my kitchen redo. I ended up doing granite instead of Corian. Due to the weight, I did major reinforcement to the base cabinet. I moved the micro to the upper cabinet. (now you can see it!) Then moved the cabinet doors from above to where the micro was. But while at it I added a LARGE drawer above the doors. Now we finally have a drawer not down near the floor, and a micro where we can see it without nearly laying on the floor!!! Great for us old folks! Next I moved the decdicated #12 gauge ac outlet from down below up to the new micro location. Knowing I would install a tile backsplash, I cut a narrow groove in the wall to force the new romex into to get it up above. But I stopped half way up to install a new quad ac outlet. You will notice in the pics I removed the gas range we have never used. In doing so we went from almost no counter top to PLENTY of counter top. I purchased a two burner hotplate just in case we ever need to heat something on a stove. Notice my IKEA vegetable sink mounted under counter style. And the matching IKEA reversible sink insert. It does not look like the same motorhome! We liked it B4, now we LOVE it! See my pics at the link below.
Rick Smith

Lexie 255 GTS Kitchen Remodel - My Photo Gallery

Tags
cat, lexington, modifications