Old 07-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #11

I might add that I just purchased a 2006 FR Lexington 283gts that was stored inside for about 18 months. After getting it home, it sat in some heavy rain and I developed a terrible water leak in the passenger overhead. Water leaked so bad in the headliner and visors that I had to drop it down and place a bucket under one corner. Took it to a Lexington dealer here in Florida that claimed that they have a pressurized system that will find any leak. After their test, they said it was leaking in several places and needed the entire roof re caulked to the tune of $500. I had them do it, returned home 75 miles away and the next day it rained and I had the same amount of water leaking in. Took it back and they discovered that the four running lights in the top front were the problem and siliconed the rubber and the slide in lights. I now have no leaks so I thought that I should mention this for a good place to start to find a leak in the front cab. Gary in Florida

I have another problem with this RV and I had mentioned it when it was being treated for the leak but they didn't check it out and now want me to take it back for them to look at but I am not in any hurry to go back to that dealer since they are not attempting to solve my problem over the phone and want me to drive it back another 75 miles each way and charge per hour so I posted this yesterday but have not received a reply as of yet so I am going to mention the problem here in case somebody may see it and have an idea to solve it.

Forest River Lexington 283GTS RV House Battery problem
Just purchased this 2006 Forest River RV and have a strange problem that I have not been able to figure out. Plugging in to my home 115v 15A has everything working in the RV. When I remove the 115v and want to start the generator it starts OK but will only run for about 2 minutes and then shuts off and everything is dead. Checking the RV house batteries, they read 12.56v. If I start the RV Ford engine, everything comes back on. If I then start the generator and turn on the A/C everything is fine and will continue running for hours. The RV house batteries read 12.56v all of the time whether the home 115v is connected or if the generator is running with the A/C on. I am trying to figure out why the house batteries always read 12.56v and do not indicate that they are charging whether the generator is running or if it is plugged into the 115v and why the RV is not getting voltage from the batteries even though the RV house voltage is always in the on position. Does anybody have an idea as to a relay or something that is not allowing the batteries to change over and or charge?

Old 07-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #12

The problem is solved but I cannot figure out how to edit or delete the post. Thanks everybody, Gary

Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #13
GM

Don't delete, just add the solution in another post.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #14

Well, here is what happened..................
When I purchased this a few weeks ago in Alabama they had installed new batteries before I got there so when I was checking it out I tried the Generator and it started right up and the A/C worked great and drove the 600 miles home to Florida. About a week later is when the problem started where the generator would start but would shut off after a couple of minutes and I would have to start the V10 up in order to get the generator to stay on and then could shut the V10 off.
Going back to square one, I was rechecking the batteries that are not easy to get at on the back side and I finally noticed that there was no ground cable attached. I felt around in back on the batteries and found the ground cable, attached it and the problem is gone. Amazing how something this simple could cause such a problem for about two weeks. The person who connected the batteries up should have his butt kicked. When the batteries were fresh everything worked until they got down to about 12.5 volts from 13.6............