Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 04:53 PM   #1

Lexington steering advise

We recently purchased a 2007 Lexington 255GTS on an E-450 chassis with 9k miles.
Because of some dry rot we installed 6 new tires and had the steering
aligned. Steering and handling are acceptable but still find myself constantly correcting while driving straight. We installed a new Monroe
steering damper which helped but still can't relax while driving like I think
I should be able too. Have 75psi in the rear and 65 in front.

We would like to continue improving the handling characteristic's but need some guidance as to where we go from here and get the biggest bang for our buck.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:04 AM   #2

I have 2013 265 GTS
Put heavier rear sway bar
King shocks
Steering damper
Alignment
Now handles almost like sports car.
Not really but I do enjoy driving it and handles very well for vehicle size and weight.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #3

I dont know why no one has answered you yet... maybe everyone is on the road and left the forum lights on.

I had a similar problem with the gts 270 the tires were fairly new bit it wandered all over the place. I thought maybe it was ruts in the highway because of the heavy semis, was it tire pressure? Finally went into a truck tire/mechanics shop and had front and back alignments done had new bushings installed etc and after I had done that there was only a marginal improvement. Slowly I got used to how it handled after a drive across Canada and back and then I found out there was a tire recall on the Michelins that were on the mh. I got a bit of a run around with a few tire dealers telling me that the tires were on order and would be in in 2 weeks, 2 more weeks etc etc. Eventually I found out that the replacement tires were on back order... nationally. So I settled for another tire that was just as good but a little noisier.

I found that there was very little more road noise but there was less sidewall sway and better handling all round.

I hope you have improved handling after all the work you have put into your mh...
RonnieTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #4

Have a 2013 Lexington. Had recalled tires replaced. Wandered. Had alignment done and big difference for the better.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Search on here for the E450 alignment specs. Much tighter than Ford's broad range. Seems to do the trick for most.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington