Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Lexington TV

Pilgrim here, new to this motorhome experience and have a question. To operate our TV using satellite do we need a receiver box? Or is a receiver box only if we want Dish Network? Thank you
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrich2 View Post
Pilgrim here, new to this motorhome experience and have a question. To operate our TV using satellite do we need a receiver box? Or is a receiver box only if we want Dish Network? Thank you

Hi and welcome.
To get SAT you must have a dish antenna on the rig or a portable one that you setup yourself. After that yes you will still need a reciever for DirecTV or DISH Network.
If you have SAT at home and you camp within a few hundred miles of home you can use the box from your home.

Most campgrounds these days have cable or local channels which is what most people want for a few nights. If you plan a long trip say a few months you can go DISH Network with a portable dish and the VIP211k reciever. That is what I use. DISH Network has a pay as you go just for RVers. You pay month to month, no contract and stop any time afte ryour 30 days with no additional fees. You pay in advance and pay a few dollars more than if you had a year subscription at home.
Here is a link to tell you more.
RV DISH - Pay As You Go! No Contracts, No Commitments!

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Thank you Iggy, I'm aware of the Dish Network for $7/month. Guess I was unsure of being able to receive TV signal without a receiver box. I have the antennas on the roof and kind of thought I could receive wireless signal from satellite to watch TV without the receiver. Again thank you. We used the park cable on our first camping trip.
Still having decision issues with a CB antenna - use a NGP antenna mount off the top of the rear ladder? or?
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lexington