Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #1

Manual Slide Operation

I have a 2011 283 Lex (3 slides). I would like a simple, exact description (or location of video) to show me how to manually retract slides for this model. I don't care about any other RV or model. We've had TTs and 5R in the past, and knew how those worked, but not a big help to me on this MH. We bought used, from a individual, and he had no idea. The manual is too generic. We are not having any problem, but would like to be prepared if a problem arises. Can someone help? Thanks-Patti Z
dougpatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #2

We have a 2012 283ts. If you look in the compartments below the two front slides, toward the middle upper "roof" of the compartment, you'll see a hex stud sticking down. You just put the appropriate size socket on it and turn away.
The rear is where FR really screwed the pooch. As far as I can tell the manual stud that you turn is underneath the bed next to the silde mech. The bed has to be up to access it, but than the slide won't be able to be retracted witht he bed up!!! Duuuh!!!! Makes about as much sense as a rowboat with a built in hole in the bottom.
Near as I can figure, you have take the matress and the plywood base out to manually retract the slide.
Grumpy
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

Thank you very much. I have not had a chance to look, but these directions are pretty thorough. I can see where the bed slide could be a problem. Hopefully one I'll never have!
dougpatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, slide