Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Michelin Tire Recall (Lexie Size)

I saw where someone elsewhere in out forum mentioned a Michelin Tire Recall. Well mine just happened to be in the middle of the series of years affected. I am all in on 6 brand new tires for free! This info may help you as well...

MICHELIN ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR COMMERCIAL
LIGHT TRUCK TIRES

GREENVILLE, S.C., DEC. 13, 2013

Safety Recalls for Michelin LTX M/S light truck tires | Michelin US

Michelin is recalling one version of a specific size of the Michelin LTX M/S tire. These tires are typically found on such vehicles as commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks.

The tires were produced between January 2010 and June 2012.
The tire version and size are:
Michelin LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 115/112R LRE
The tires were fitted as original equipment on some new vehicles and were also sold as new replacement tires.
Michelin is issuing the recall because a small number of the tires being recalled experienced tread loss and/or rapid air loss.
Michelin recommends removal of these tires as soon as possible. Owners of the affected tires should visit an authorized Michelin retail location as soon as possible to have the tires replaced at no charge.

To locate a Michelin dealer, click on the link below.

Locate a Tire Dealer

If you have questions or concerns after visiting your Michelin dealer, please contact Michelin Consumer Care at 1-800-231-5893. Available 8am–8pm EST Monday–Friday; 8:30am–4:30pm EST Saturday–Sunday

To find out if a tire is affected by the recall:
Determine if it matches the information below:

Tire Description DOT Sequence DOT Production Periods (Inclusive)
Michelin LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 115/112R LRE B3JH AKEX 0210 – 2512
If the information on the sidewall of your tires does not match these identifiers, it is not part of the recall.

The following illustration will show you how to read your tire's DOT markings. The DOT markings can be found on the sidewall just above the wheel image.
If you have any questions concerning the tire’s DOT information, please contact Michelin Consumer Care at 1–800–231–5893. Available 8am–8pm EST Monday–Friday; 8:30am–4:30pm EST Saturday–Sunday.

For your reference, below is an example on a standard DOT code.
DOT Department of Transportation Safety Code

B9 Tire's Manufacturer and plant code

YR Denotes tire size

UJNX Optional characters that identify brand and other significant characteristics of the tire

50 Denotes week the tire was produced

08 Denotes year the tire was manufactured
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

New Tires Are On

Called yesterday with the info off my tires. The verified I am involved in the recall and ordered my six new tires. They were put on today, NO CHARGE!
I Love it!!!
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #3

Check your spare tire. Ours was also a Michelin and it was also replaced under the recall. It was a different date from the six that were on the ground. Forest River supplies the spare so in many cases it's a different brand.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall, tire