Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #1

needing tires

Where is the best (and cheapest) place to buy tires and do they need to be the tires recommended by the manufacturer?
brokenspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #2

Personally I would shop around on the Internet. There are a number of places that offer free shipping. You can get them mounted locally for a modest fee. I usally have it done at Walmart. This is the only way I have bought tires over the past 6 or 8 years. Pricing can't be beat doing it this way compared to my local tire shops from what I have found. You might try Discount Tire, E-Trailer. There are alot to choose from. Just do a search for the size you are looking for and compare prices. Ebay is another option I have used.
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenspur View Post
Where is the best (and cheapest) place to buy tires and do they need to be the tires recommended by the manufacturer?
What type of vehicle are you asking for. Towable or Motorized and what size vehicle? It will make a difference if you buy on line. Finding someone to mount them may be tougher for a motorhome than a trailer.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Everyday types of tires can often be "well bought" at Sam's Club, Walmart, etc. The more expensive tires can often be best bought at a place like The Tire Rack. I've purchased LOTS of tires from The Tire Rack.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
Hob

Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Everyday types of tires can often be "well bought" at Sam's Club, Walmart, etc. The more expensive tires can often be best bought at a place like The Tire Rack. I've purchased LOTS of tires from The Tire Rack.
How does The Tire Rack handle blow outs on fairly new tires?

Best Regards,
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
How does The Tire Rack handle blow outs on fairly new tires?

Best Regards,
This is the verbage on their website. Never had a tire failure so no personal experience.

"Merchandise covered by a manufacturer's warranty is sold with the warranty by the manufacturer extended to the purchaser. We will be happy to assist in obtaining fulfillment of a manufacturer's warranty. Specific tire information is available on each tire model’s product page via a “Warranty” link. Find your tire by brand here.

Other than applicable manufacturers' warranties, there are no warranties, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose."
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #7

when I called tire rack they said the new Goodyear Marathons have no real warranty unless its a flaw. Try shipping bits and pieces of the tire after it gets tore up back to them to determine the flaw.
All Good years are listed as a CH CHina tire.

After 2000 miles from factory to delivery I am looking at having to replace all 5 of my bias ply tires due to uneven wear.

If anyone has any suggestions other than looking on ebay... I would like to hear them please..