Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
New to site, many questions

I'm in the process of deciding between the Lexi GTS 255 or 283 and the Aspect/ Cambria 26A and have a battery of questions on the Lexi. I own a Rialta so slides are very new to me.
The bed looks very close to the wall. Can you sit on the bed and put your feet on the floor?
How far do the slides extend?
How does the slide work, rack and pinion or worm, hydraulic or air piston, bevel gear and screw or some other method?
I know who makes the microwave and the fridge but who makes other important items, namely the slide mechanism, couch, bed, converter and so on?
I was hoping to find a list of manufacturers and their products on the Forest River site but no luck, and wiring diagrams don't seem to be available on line?
There is little mention of exterior storage in the 255, would you describe it as adequate or lacking?
Do some of you use a hitch haul or tow a trailer for added storage?
Please excuse my silly questions, our dealer is three hours away and I want to have as many questions answered before we visit. Are there any Lexi specific questions I should ask? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help.
Leo, 99 Rialta, CT. Hoping for a Lexi

leoj1939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum Leo. I suspect there are a few Lexy owners out there who will be able to help you once they read your post. Give it a little time as we are still somewhat small but growing. Good luck in your decision.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Not a Lexi owner, but looking at the floorplan, I'd say they are half-slides which usually extend 15-18 inches. A lot of FR RVs use Lippert Component Industries as the slide supplier and most use hydraulic piston systems, but I cannot say for sure which the Lexi has.

Unfortunately thats about all I can offer help with. All my own manuals are stored in my trailer so I can't access them to give you any hint as to other components.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Hey Leoj1939,

We have a 283gts and it has a little room around our bed. Nice closet space and a light that goes on when you open the closet door. The slides are great and gives a nice living room area, I suppose they go out 2 feet but I've haven'e measured. All the appliances are from different manufacturers and are pretty much what's on the market. Ours are all stainless steel but I'm not sure if that matters. I have a little problem with water coming in the bedroom slide but I put a little piece of rubber and that fixed it. Plenty enough storage for what we like. Drives very well and much get up and go. The TV is neat and can be easily brougth outside for viewing. Surround sound speakers can knock your socks off, also speakers outside. More stuff if you need it.
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote