Old 08-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #1

Passenger floor wet

Just bought a 2007 Lexington 235S. Loading up the RV for the maiden voyage... and I find wet carpet, on the passenger floor, near the center compartment. Have had lots of rain, but this seems to be coming from the edge of the compartment. Any ideas on what this is?

Old 08-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #2
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

If you are saying around the engine compartment, it could be it is not latched in properly, or the seal is bad... You can also gets a dripping leak if you develop a crack(s) outside where the cab-over cap meets the van roof.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:19 PM   #3

Thank you Rick! Wasn't sure if I should open the compartment, but it does feel slightly different on the side where the carpet is damp. I had the area you mentioned resealed last week, but will check it closer to make sure nothing was missed. This is my first RV and I am learning as I go!

Is it easy to get the engine compartment latched back into place if I open it up?
Old 08-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #4

You could have a leak in the heater coil. It is easy to remove the engine cover. Remove the cup holder assembly first. Give it a light tap and lift up. Turn latches for engine cover clockwise to unlatch. I have the 2007 GTS
Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 PM   #5

Thank you dunk05. I'll open the engine cover tomorrow. Think it may not be set right. I'll look into the heater coil, if it turns out to not be the cover or a crack in the seal between the van and the cap. The carpet seems to be less wet than it was this afternoon. Will be able to take a better look at it tomorrow with the sun and hopefully no rain.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:17 AM   #6
RV Nomad

I had the same problem. I live in WA state where it rains a lot and found wet carpeting on the passenger side near the dog house. I used Dicor non sag sealant on the front cap because I noticed long cracks where it connects to the chassis and no more wet floor. Also, smaller cracks reformed after a couple of trips and I just used more dicor to reseal the area.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #7

Thank you Olygene. I did find some very small cracks in the new sealant and touched them up with the same sealant. Will keep a closer eye on that area in the future.