Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Picked up a Lexington GTS - have few questions

Just bought a 2007 Lexington GTS 300 SS ...

On my way home from the RV dealer, I was testing the tow/haul mode on the shifter button, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Does it mean that I have to shift it down to 3 or 2 manually when needed? Or the tow/haul button is supposed to function? If so, is there an idiot light somewhere on the dashboard indicating that it is "ON," "OFF," or "Overdrive?"

I am wondering what brand of shock absorbers did Ford use on those E450 chassis? Is it absolutely necessary to get Bilstein shocks to replace those cheap or inferior shocks?

Also is Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer recommended? I do see that it has a stabilizer shock absorber under the van, but it is probably a factory one.

Looking forward to sleep our first night in the Lexi next week...

Old 06-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Site Team

There is a idiot light that comes on when I use the tow/haul in my sister's Yukon. The icon is of a trailer.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
GM

The tow/haul will simply shift at higher RPM's so you can maintain decent power for climbing. If you are coming down a hill, when you hit the brakes (not sure if there is an "x" amount of time) it will downshift so that you don't need to ride the brake. I'm not sure it will do that when braking on flat surface.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #4

Yes I am very familiar with tow/haul mode as I have used it a lot in my Suburban 2500 towing a travel trailer. Sold both of them and got a B+.

I was not too sure if E450 cut-away van just had it put in a shifter with button on it as part of bundle and doesn't function participular for cut-away vans but function on other vehicles??
Old 06-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
GM

Tow/Haul should function just like on the trucks. There are several people I know that use it even when they are not towing.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote