Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Power Awning???

Any problem adding a power awning to my 06 Lexington 255 GTS? I am wondering if the fact the outside walls curve in a bit at the top will be a problem. The factory side rails are curved. I don't think awnings like the A&E 9100 series do that...?
Rick Smith
RickLSmith53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

bclemmons - Power Awning Wedges Lexington???

BClemmons,
I saw in an old post you made a comment about "wedges" for installing a power awning on a Lexie...? I wish to place an A&E 9100 Power Awning on my 06 Lexie 255 GTS. If so, are they available from F.R., or the awning companies? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #3

I have one on my 2013 265GTS.
Garrard (sp?) awning installed by Happy Campers in Picayune , Ms.
Displaced2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLSmith53 View Post
BClemmons,
I saw in an old post you made a comment about "wedges" for installing a power awning on a Lexie...? I wish to place an A&E 9100 Power Awning on my 06 Lexie 255 GTS. If so, are they available from F.R., or the awning companies? Thanks for your help.
did you ever find out how to put an electric awning on your lexington?
snbwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #5
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Electric Awning On A Lexi - NO

After much research and a talk with the factory, the answer is no to an electric awning. There is not enough backing in the walls of the pre-electric awning Lexies. A slight wind could rip your outside walls out...
Old 04-14-2016, 04:30 AM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickLSmith53 View Post
After much research and a talk with the factory, the answer is no to an electric awning. There is not enough backing in the walls of the pre-electric awning Lexies. A slight wind could rip your outside walls out...
I am not familiar with the Lexington, however I have mounted awnings on trailers without proper wall bracing by using backing plates and through bolts. We were able to hide them inside cabinets. It might be an option. ZipDee makes an electric awning that the arms mount pretty far down the wall, similar to a manual awning. That might be another option. Just a warning ZipDee is an expensive awning, however they are very well made and have great customer service. I was able to purchase parts from them for a 30+ year old awning on an Airstream that I was working on.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #7
FLORIDA F.R.O.G.

Power Awning

I thought about that myself. But decided to go with the top of the line A&E manual. There are some advantages to a manual, plus one last worry with electric that may not close or open due to whatever. I had one on my Winnie Meridian that did not close once... Anyway, I am happy, plus have an extra foot.

Tags
awning, power