Old 05-16-2013, 01:14 AM   #1
Captain Capps

Send a message via Skype™ to silica
Rear bedroom slider

My rear bedroom slider motor works fine but it doesn't open or close. Lexy 255(2006).
Is there a solenoid or shear pin on motor gear drive accessable under mattress?

Gerry

Old 05-16-2013, 02:41 AM   #2

I am not familiar with your unit but this is from RV.net: hope it helps

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Slide won't move on Lexington 255 GTS

RV Slide-Out Actuators, Right Angle Drive Gear Boxes | Venture Mfg Co.

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
GM

See if you can lift the bed and check the motor attachment. I just saw a situation where the motor comes detached from the outside wall (lagged in). So the motor moves back and forth on the rail...but without the slide room. If that's the case, you might need to bolt through the wall and seal it really well.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Captain Capps

Motor on 255 Lexington is fixed in position. Motor works but is not engaging gear thread on slide. Just spins.
Gerry
Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
GM

There is a shaft that runs front to back between the slide rams. On that shaft sits a cog/gear. It may be that the gear has shifted on that shaft and is no longer lined up with the teeth on the bottom.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #6
Captain Capps

I don't think there are rams. Picture shows single track from outside of rear slide.. .motor is geared to track.
I read another thread which mentioned shears pin as safety if bed hits cabinet on closing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130516_070843.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	30634
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
GM

OK, well single ram. Cog is still on a shaft. So, cog slid off or shear pin is missing from the motor shaft.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
Captain Capps

Well actually I discovered that the motor rotates but the output shaft that the drive gear is on does not rotate. Therefore something in the gearbox has failed. Please talk to manufacturer or your mechanics to find our if gear box is repairable. You know like shear pin.
Gerry
Old 05-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
GM

Everything is repairable. Question is, would buying a new one be cheaper than repairing the old. I'll see what I can find out.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
Captain Capps

For those following this thread, the rear slide motor turns a gear box that has a output shaft to a Cox that moved the track in and out. In my case there was too much pressure resisting the gear box and pins ($5.00 parts) broke so that the motor free wheeled. Total labor $300.

I don't know how other lexys 255 are, but both of my slides close and seal at the top first, then with addition force the slide at the bottom seals. I think the bottom and top should seal at the same time. I don't know if this is an intentional engineering design.