Old 09-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #1

Screen door for Lexington 300ss

I have almost purchased a 2007 Lexington from a dealer - great low mileage and looks wonderful! Looking forward to possibly taking it to a local state park this coming weekend to make sure everything really works :-) My question is a screen door - I just realized last night that it doesn't one! I definitely want one - use it a lot when I camp. They are available, right? I realized this morning that it probably wouldn't just be a standard screen door, since there is a little bit of a curve to the side wall of the trailer. Anyone have one? Any problems with them? thanks for your help in advance!

Old 09-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #2

We have a screen door on our Lexi 2012 Lexi 283ts, and it is curved slightly at the top to fit the contour of the door. However, when I took a good look at it, it appears to be part of the complete door/screen door/frame assembly. On the bottom of the door itself, next to one of the hinge's is a sticker with Challanger Door on it, probably the manf.
Don't know if your older unit came with one originally, but it dosen't look like you could retrofit one without taking the whole assembly out.
Just for the heck of it, I just googled Challanger RV Doors, and their web site has rv doors both with and without screen doors. You may want to contact them and see if the one you have can be retro-fitted with a screen door.
Grumpy

Old 09-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
I have a 2007 Lexi 300 and it does have a screen door. Why would some and not others?

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #4

I wonder if it got damaged abd they just removed it rather than replacing it. Thanks for the comments. I am definitely going to ask about getting one, now that I know that they are available!
Old 09-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #5

I have a 2007 Lex 300SS and I bought it used from a Winnebago dealer. It had a screen door but it rattled so bad that it about drove is to drink until we got to the FR dealer and they tightened it up properly. My point is that you need to make sure you get the right screen door.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Well when I went back to complete the purchase of my "new" (to me) Lexington, it turned out that I just hadn't noticed the screen door. There is one and it works great!
Old 10-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
Nice to hear♥

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, lexington