Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

SeaLand 110 Toilet Leak & Repair - Easy Job

Just a quick note for anyone who might be experiencing a leaking ball valve seal in their SeaLand 110 Toilet. The repair is a lot easier than I expected.

The bowl of the toilet is connected to the base by a two piece collar and a large band clamp. The only difficulty I had in removing it was that someone put the drive screw in the back of the toilet where it was inaccessible to the shortest screwdriver I own, so I used a 6mm socket with a 1/4 inch drive flex handle/breaker bar.

Loosen the clamp, pull of the collars, remove the vacuum breaker from the back, & lift off the toilet top. The seal lifts out easily. The new seal was a lot thicker than the old one. I had some doubt that it was the right one. (It was). It's notched to match the toilet base. Put the toilet back together in the reverse order of removing it.

The whole job took less than 30 minutes. The seal is relatively expensive at $38. The part # is Dometic 385211462. It's held water for a week now so I guess it works.

Anyway. Nothing earth shattering here. Just posting in case someone has the same problem and thinks, as I did, that the job might be a PITA.
00buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:21 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to NoviBill
00buck,

Thank you for the info, I need to do this before our next trip.
=================================
https://anunbalancedbalance.blogspot.com/
NoviBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, repair