Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #1

slide wall info

I have a 2014 Lexington GTS 300. This unit has one slide (approx. 12 feet in length} which has a slight problem. Mid way in the slide is a short wall which is the forward dinette seal back support. This wall is framed with sq Al tube and covered with finished plywood. The wall is attached to the floor of the slide and th4e inside of the exterior slide wall. I found the attachment to the slide exterior wall had come loose. The screws which are the attachment means had pulled out of the interior wall board. Since this short wall provides support to the slide floor when the slide is in, I would think it should be attached to a wall frame piece. Does anyone know of a name and number I can call at FR to find where the frame members are inside that exterior slide wall?
Old 03-05-2015, 10:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can only suggest that you try the main number listed in the Lexington on-line brochure and ask for warranty service. They should be able to direct you to a proper fix.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Just an FYI, that back of the dinette is not providing any support to the slide wall or floor.

The entire slide room is built as an assembly and tested as such and then the furniture goes in after (just sitting in the room). Now, it would be nice to have it attached to the slide wall just to keep the dinette back from rocking, but there is no structural or supportive significance for that.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 10:24 AM   #4

Thanks for the info Bruce. I note when the slide is in the gap between the dinette back and the inside of the exterior slide wall is approx 1 1/2 " but with the slide extended the gap closes to less than 1/4". I assume the slide floor is "sagging" when the slide is is in all the way. My question now becomes, do I attach the dinette wall to the slide wall in the out position or in position? If I use a molly screw to attach it in the out position (the logical option to me) do I risk pulling the interior wall board loose from the slide wall?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #5

Did not mean Bruce but rather Brian
Old 03-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #6
Commercial Member

The wall is laminated so with a molly you should be OK...but if you can post pictures I can give you a better idea. With the gap changing so much I wonder what the issue is.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #7

I have attached photos with the slide all "inh", 1/2 "out" and all "out"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide in, screws in_1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	70919   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide in, screws in_2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	70920   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide half in screws out 1_1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	70921   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide all in screws out 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	70922   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide all in screws out 2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	70923  

Old 03-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #8

OK so not good at posting pics. I will try to explain.

The first two pics are with the slide all the way out and the screws attaching the AL angle to the dinette back are "in". Note there is no gap between the dinette back edge and the inside wall

I took measurements from the top of the slide face trim to the bottom edge in three places, at each end and one in the middle where the denette back attaches to the slide floor. I retook these measurements as I retracted the slide

I then removed the three screws that attach the AL angle to the dinette back. No movement was detected at this point.

I then started retracting the slide. Just before the top of the exterior slide wall touched the exterior of the coach wall, I stopped, Picture 3 is that point. The gap measured approx. 1/4". The three measurements were taken and the end measuremnts were the same as when the slide was fuully extended while the center measurement had increrased by 1/8" If it is of any value , I measured the gap at the bottom of the slide to the exterior coach wall and it was 2 1/4". No gap at the top.

I resumed the slide retraction until the clutch slipped (fully retracted) Pictures 4 & 5 were taken (5 is posted upside down). The gap increased to approx. 3/4". The end measurements did not change but the center measurement had increased by 3/4". This indicates the slide floor is sagging 3/4".

The majority of the sagging occurs when the botttom of the slide continues in after the top of the slide stops.

Is this normal? I do not feel comfortable putting the three screws back in at this point.

Tags
slide