Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #1

TV Cable Question

When I put the bedroom TV on antenna, it works great, but when I hook up to park cable, it says a low signal and only shows (snowy) a few channels. Front TV works fine either way. Is there something missing in the line to the bedroom?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #2

When you switch the bedroom TV from antenna to cable, are you turning off the antenna booster? Leaving it on can cause cable channels to be very fuzzy. I don't know why your other TV would be different.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #3

Does you Lexington have a "switch box" for your entertainment system, or just the usual antenna booster control plate?

Name:   image-2773141835.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  16.4 KB
Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #4

Ant. Switch

I learned a LONG time ago to turn ant. booster off. If left on, it would affect front TV also, so I know it is off. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion before I spend $$ on a "pro."
Old 11-05-2013, 11:34 AM   #5

It's difficult to see a mechanism that would cause the failure you're having. If the cable carries OTA TV, it should be carrying cable. While they're generally the same frequency band, perhaps you're actually using different parts of it in this case.

I would try two things. First, swap TVs and make sure it's not a bad TV. (They do have different circuits for Cable vs. OTA.)

Second, examine the fittings on both ends of the cable connecting the bad TV. It might just be a bad fitting.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
GM

If there is a switch box, make sure the switch box is set to ANT as well.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Phlunky

I had this problem with my Grey Wolf. I replaced all the cable ends in the trailer and that fixed the problem.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #8

Problem solved

I brought the TV into the house and connected to Dish and nothing-scanned but found no channels. Hooked up to antenna and it worked fine. So I guess the good news is the wiring in motorhome probably good, and the bad news is I have to get a new TV. This TV was a name unknown to me, and most likely a cheapo, but this is an issue I've never heard of. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougpatz View Post
I brought the TV into the house and connected to Dish and nothing-scanned but found no channels. Hooked up to antenna and it worked fine. So I guess the good news is the wiring in motorhome probably good, and the bad news is I have to get a new TV. This TV was a name unknown to me, and most likely a cheapo, but this is an issue I've never heard of. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions.
How was "Dish" connected to the TV? (That's usually with an HDMI cable so scanning doesn't make sense in that situation.)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #10

Our house DISH receiver is a dual receiver, and the bedroom connectionused was a regular coaxial cable hook-up (it is SD). The main TV uses a HDMI. The HDMI connection on this TV probably works, because when we bought the unit, it was connected to a Dish receiver of its own, and playing OK. I guess the HDMI connection may work, but I need it to work off of park cable and a regular coaxial hook-up, so I am not even going to experiment any further, and just get a different (and larger) TV. Thanks to all for the input. Forums are always the best way to gather info!