Old 05-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
Water pump replacement?

I'm thinking about replacing the 2.8 Shurflo with a 4.0 Shurfo Smart Sensor. If I am going to listen to a noisy pump , at least I'm going to have better water flow. Has anyone done this? I know it's hard to get at with the water tank in front of it.
My Lexington is a 295.

Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
I have not done it....yet. I have a 2011 DS265 that sounds like a freight train. But, I don't think it is diffcult to do because we did it once in another rig. Ordered a new superpump online for practically nuthin' and took DH about 30 minutes to install. Ahhhhh....

I will be following this thread to see if others have done this and how difficult the install is, as I must now do it myself.

"Some say that wine improves with age...I say that age improves with wine"

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
MovinSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Replaced the OEM pump in our 2010 Sierra 5er last Dec with a Shurfo 4.0 while on a trip to FL.
The OEM one up & died on us. Took about 10 minutes.
I read somewhere about using some rubber under the pump to quiet it down.
The only thing I had handy was a mouse pad so I slide it between the pump & the wood block then ran the screws in.

Canít even hear the pump when itís running at full force.
3 Happy Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
I have replaced the 2.8 Shurflo with a 4.0 Shurflo. Not a 10 minute job but not extremely difficult either. The pumps aren't the same dimensions, so that is the time consuming part. First the mattress has to come off for easy access. The water filter has to come out also. Mine had to be moved over a couple of inches.The screws holding the new pump to the wall are a lot easier to get at! Because of the variable speed the new pump is a lot quieter I bought the new pump on ebay for $99 shipped. It was too big for what he wanted.
Dave T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

"Some say that wine improves with age...I say that age improves with wine"

I have found that with enough wine, age don't matter at all!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
We're looking at the 4.0 right now. We tried a few months ago since they displayed it at the last trade show...but when we tried to buy it, they said it was not available to OEM's yet.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote