Old 02-09-2009, 07:43 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
cfsoistman, does your GT have the Arctic package? This winter I left a bit of water in my holding tanks and kept the rig plugged in while it was in the garage. I turned on the arctic package to keep the tanks and drain pipes warm and left our fireplace in the rig on it's lowest setting to keep moisture away from the inside of the rig. Inside our garage the temps got down into the teens but no problems with the rig and the inside temp stayed at around 58 degrees. I didn't even drain the fresh water lines, just left the cabinets open. I also left the electric element on in the water heater.

They are calling for more snow for us here on Tuesday just ouside of Seattle. I'm ready for spring myself....
Yes I have the artic package. I don't have a garage though for the motorhome. I do have it plugged into a 50 amp circuit that's next to my shed. It's on it's own breaker. I use it pretty regularly each weekend watching football and Nascar races etc. I have my DirecTv Tivo unit out there and record shows for watching later. It's my little retreat in my driveway. I have the strip heaters in the AC units so I can turn them on when it's too cold. They do pretty well keeping the temperature inside comfortable but they are noisey. They're not loud but the sound of the air and fan are noticeable. Most of the time if it's not too cold outside I'll use a portable electric heater. I plug it in at the washer/dryer receptacle since it's on it's own breaker.
We had a great weekend temperature wise. Both days near 60 degrees and clear. I was able to install the new Wingman antenna accessory and it helped my digital reception on the TV. Also was able to replace the broken drawer bracket in the bedroom.

I'm ready for warm weather!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #12
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
1. Flush and drain Galley tank, Grey tank and Black tank and leave empty I add one bottle of blue chemical treatment to all three tanks and add enough anti-freeze to fill the traps in the tub and sinks.
2. Turn off the hot water heater and pull the hot water heater plug and leave it open, then open all of the faucets including the flush valve to the toilet and I leave that propped open all winter, One would think that it would smell up the camper, no I cover the toilet bowl with plastic wrap and close the lid. I also empty the water filter cylinder as well.
3. The last thing I do is hook up an air line to the city water connection and blow the lines out with air and leave all drains open under the camper all winter long until spring. I have been camping going on 9 years and 8 out of those 9 years I have been doing the samething. I learned a lesson after the first year, I had to replace the hot water heater because I forgot to drain it, and had to replace the flush valve ln the toilet because the lines were full of water and it froze and crack the valve body. The worst part is I did not find both of these problems until we went on ower first camping trip of the season. And yes, check everything after the winter season is over. Hook up a hose from your house and connect it to the city hook up on the camper and test your water lines.
This is my first year with my camper, I like this winterize method above..I'm against putting antifreeze into my sounds very overkill to me once the drains are emptied and the lines are blown out. My question is, where is this toilet flush value located? Sorry for such a newbie question...

hayesb2 is offline   Reply With Quote