Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #1

12V Power for Sani-Con

I have installed a Sani-Con, the macerator pump for black water disposal, in the dump plumbing space of our six-month old 3170DS. (By the way, we are most pleased with our 3170.) I need 12 volt power to it but don't want to try to get to the breaker box in the bedroom for fear of drilling into something that shouldn't be drilled into. The converter is easily accessible as it is in the same compartment on the other side of the divider separating the dump plumbing space from the shore power cord space. There is 12 volt power at the converter output, but the tubes into which the outgoing power wires are inserted don't allow enough room for the Sani-Con power wires to be insert alongside the existing wires. I can pull the existing wires out and connect them to splices with a couple of additional short wires which would then feed from the converter and include the Sani-Con wires in the splices. Any other ideas? Also, I can't see the wire gauge number on the 12 volt wires from the converter? Maybe bclemens can tell me. Thanks for your help.
budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Coachmen Adrenaline

Open up your battery control box located on inside left of stepwell. There should be an available circuit in there. If you could, take a picture of the circuit board in there and I can tell you which circuit would work for this application. just send it to me in a pm please.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 Volt