Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2015, 02:19 AM   #1

2003 - 3100SS Black Water filling up behind dump cap

Hey everyone we just purchased a 2003 Sunseeker 3100SS LE and I have an interesting issue. My RV has 3 valves to release the Black, Grey, and Galley tanks. The two on the drives side I assumed were (from front to back) were Black, Grey, and on the passenger side Galley but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I have both the valves on the driver side shut and the cap on the dump hose connector blue water builds up behind the cap. I did this to try and figure out what the valve on the passenger side was. Logic says that its the galley valve because the show and sink are on that side of my RV and the bathroom is on the driver side. Can someone please help me out and tell me what each valve is so I can quit banging my head against the wall. When I pull the release on for the two valves on the driver side after all of the blue water comes out there is more water released / gushing sound through my hose. So either the black water is leaking out in large amounts or the valve is on the passenger side. What gives?
Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:12 AM   #2

Mine is drivers side black front-grey back-galley on camping side. I usually when hooked up pull the galley handle and leave it open, then empty black and grey when needed. Hope this helps you out Also welcome to the forum
Old 08-12-2015, 04:05 PM   #3

Thanks! Yup that's what I figured was the configuration because the front driver side was a bigger pipe whereas the driver back was a slimmer pipe. Does the Galley dump through the same piping as the grey (i.e. wrap around connecting past the grey tank into the grey tank piping)? When I looked under neither it appeared that there were only two pipes feeding into the dump hook up. I'm still confused why when the galley valve is left open I get blue water building up behind my dump cap. What year is your Sunseeker Jerry?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #4

Gelley tank?

I don't mean to appears stupid....but what the H is the galley tank? And what goes into it? As far as I thought, you had grey water, black water and the fresh water.
???
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:18 PM   #5

Do you have one place for sewer hose to hook to or two? I had a couple of coaches that had three tanks but one was for wash machine you have two gray water and one black but they drain the same place with three valves is this correct
Old 08-12-2015, 10:39 PM   #6

There is only one sewer hose hookup on the driver side. Jim the Sunseeker 3100 comes with 3 tanks + a fresh water tank. They Galley tank is for the kitchen The grey water is the sink in the bathroom / shower and the black is black (at least that's my understanding but I'm still learning obviously). I'm not sure why they built a separate tank for the Galley but they did. I'm still dumb struck why when I leave the galley valve open blue water fills in behind my sewer connection.Like I said it appeared to me that the galley drained through the grey water so I could leave the galley open and just open the valves on the driver side when I wanted to dump but thats not the case. How do you guys track down mysterious overflows. The blackwater tank doesn't have an overflow that will flow into the dumb piping right?
Old 08-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
Enjoying Life

Lupo

The water system you are asking about has three separate tanks. Consequently if you leave the Galley tank open it will flow into the discharge network. Your other grey tanks has its own separate discharhe valve.

Hope this helps
mpoulin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #8

All mine on driver's side the two inside the compartment black dumps stool grey dumps shower, kitchen, and bathroom sink. There is another grey valve between the compartment and rear bumper that empties the outside kitchen.
Myrle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #9

Sorry Lupo ,I was out of pocket a couple days. Mine is 2007
Old 08-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
Hey everyone we just purchased a 2003 Sunseeker 3100SS LE and I have an interesting issue. My RV has 3 valves to release the Black, Grey, and Galley tanks. The two on the drives side I assumed were (from front to back) were Black, Grey, and on the passenger side Galley but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I have both the valves on the driver side shut and the cap on the dump hose connector blue water builds up behind the cap. I did this to try and figure out what the valve on the passenger side was. Logic says that its the galley valve because the show and sink are on that side of my RV and the bathroom is on the driver side. Can someone please help me out and tell me what each valve is so I can quit banging my head against the wall. When I pull the release on for the two valves on the driver side after all of the blue water comes out there is more water released / gushing sound through my hose. So either the black water is leaking out in large amounts or the valve is on the passenger side. What gives?
Different trailers, different designs. Will try to keep this general and hope it helps. You do have 3 separate tanks, 2 grey and one black. One grey is for the gallery, kitchen sink only. The other grey is the bathroom sink and shower. The black is your toilet only. Normally you have separate valves for each but the black and grey go into the same dump hose. Often the gallery has its own dump hose connection.

You want to get a clear hose connection and hook it up to the black / grey hose connection Using this clear fitting will allow you to see what is going on.

The black and grey go out the same dump hose connection but each has its own valve. When the black tank shows 2/3 full you empty it by opening its valve. After it is empty you then empty the grey tank. This will clean your hose for you. I always empty the gallery last for the same reason, to keep the hose clean.

If you are getting water behind the dump cap after you are done and you are sure the valves are closed tight? This normally caused by toilet paper being stuck on the valve allowing it to leak by. Do you have a black tank clen out? If not take an old garden hose and fish it up your dump connection to close to the black water tank valve and try to clean off the valve so it will close properly. This should allow the valve to close tight unless the valve is broken.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #11

2003 - 3100SS Black Water filling up behind dump cap

What Jim says^^^^
Sounds like the black valve isn't closing all the way when pushed in
For those that are confused with 3valves some have a second grey for galley (inside) and on mine,2860,galley outside kitchen sink
This is separate tank and plumbing on my outside kitchen sink and cause I only use it to wash hands I usually empty this one in my yard
Nothing worse than taking off the cap to fit the dump hose and a gush flowing into the plumbing compartment (this has happened to me when I forgot to push in the gray valve back in after dumping at the Camp ground (I clean at home using my property sewer cleanout opening in my front yard) and sloshing on the ride home filled the drain pipe with residual grey water
Thank "you know who" I forgot the gray and not black LOL
Get that flapper valve looked at
Good luck
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdutch View Post
What Jim says^^^^
Sounds like the black valve isn't closing all the way when pushed in
For those that are confused with 3valves some have a second grey for galley (inside) and on mine,2860,galley outside kitchen sink
This is separate tank and plumbing on my outside kitchen sink and cause I only use it to wash hands I usually empty this one in my yard
Nothing worse than taking off the cap to fit the dump hose and a gush flowing into the plumbing compartment (this has happened to me when I forgot to push in the gray valve back in after dumping at the Camp ground (I clean at home using my property sewer cleanout opening in my front yard) and sloshing on the ride home filled the drain pipe with residual grey water
Thank "you know who" I forgot the gray and not black LOL
Get that flapper valve looked at
Good luck
On my old 5er the stem broke on my black tank valve. I got a bath when I removed the cap and it was not pleasant at all!! I added a valve at the drain just before the cap so I could at least use it till I could cut the pipe and replace everything. This kept me from getting a bath but I couldn't close off the black tank. I traded that unit in before I got to fix it properly. The dealer knew about the problem so he could fix it.

Don't wish that problem on anyone! Made a hell of a mess. It really upset the CG owner when he saw what happened but I wasn't very happy either.

Jim
Old 08-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #13

I put a clear elbow on mine and relocated the cap to it. That way I can see if there is anything right at the cap--no surprises. It also makes it easier to see what is going on when you are dumping.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 08-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
I put a clear elbow on mine and relocated the cap to it. That way I can see if there is anything right at the cap--no surprises. It also makes it easier to see what is going on when you are dumping.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
I have kept the clear fitting in place ever sense I had the problem with my other 5er. That is one of the reasons for using a clear fitting. It comes in very handy if you have a black tank clean-out also. You spray the water on the clean-out till the water comes out clean, then you dump your grey water tank to clean out your hose. If you have a second dump connection you then move your hose to it and dump that tank. My 5er has that connection, it is for the grey tank for the kitchen only. You do not need a clear fitting for that connection. I don't know the size of that tank but don't think it is very big, only thing hooked up to it are the kitchen sinks on my 5er. Some trailers do not have that tank and to be honest I think it is a waist. I guess it makes the plumbing a little easier? I would think it adds to the expense though.

Jim

Tags
3100ss, black, black water, water