Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #1

2003 Sunseeker LE 2860, switches

Just sold my Coachmen and bought the Sunseeker. From having a previous motorhome most things are pretty much the same. So far I have just two questions. The owners manual is not very much help on these units.

Question #1- Right by the floor of the side door are 2 lighted toggle switches, they are right next to the battery disconnect. I have no idea what these do. Anybody???

Question #2- When I winterized my coachmen there were a set of valves that you turned to winterize and you just stuck a hose in your antifreeze jug and pumped it through the lines. Can't seem to find anyway to do this on the Sunseeker. Can anybody explain how you winterize these units?

Thank you in advance for your help!
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Happy to Be Camping

Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
Hi-
Answer to #1.... One switch is the outside light and the other is the step disconnect so it stays out when you close the door (unless you turn on the ignition).

Second question is a little more involved, I think. On my 3120, I installed a 3 way bypass on the pump (under bed) to pump in the antifreeze. In fact, that's my chore this afternoon. By pass for my water heater (it is near entry door on passenger side) is under sink area. I have to take my drawers out, turn into a pretzel and reach WAY behind to by-pass the water heater.

Hope this helps some.
Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #3

Thank You! That helped a bunch! You are correct on the switches. My outside light was just blown out.

On the winterizing, I did find the water heater by pass and I guess I will have to work on the pump. Is there any reason why I just can't take the pick up hose off the pump and run a hose from my jug to that side of the pump?
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
Happy to Be Camping

Location: We live in Rhode Island, but our hearts are in New Hampshire
I don't see why not...doin' the same thing.
Shawomet3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker le