Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #1

2004 Sunseeker 2900

Hello all, I'd like some opinions from all the enthusiasts out there.

The fiancee and I are looking into a used 04 Sunseeker 2900 with 50K miles. The fact that it is priced below 10K is a concern to me. This one has bunks in the back, and the entertainment package over the cab, so maybe that plays into the lower price? It's a steal, but I can't shake the feeling that it's too low, for a reason.

I've read about rusty gas tanks and other concerns, and was just looking for opinions of owners as far as price and dependability. It's on a Ford V10, and has a hair over 50K miles (a little over 4K/year seems pretty ok, right?).

Any links where I can find a checklist for when we visit the dealer? What are some common problems to be aware of or to search for? Any red flags to be on the lookout for? Any input would be appreciated, thanks for your help!
waxtad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #2

Sunseeker

First red flag is that it is a dealer sellling it for close to wholesale. Just sold my '03 Sunseeker 2890 that I bough as a fixer upper 4 yrs ago. If you are still looking at the 2004, PM me and I will share my experience/costs/opinion.
mpincentralva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:30 AM   #3

You were correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpincentralva View Post
First red flag is that it is a dealer sellling it for close to wholesale. Just sold my '03 Sunseeker 2890 that I bough as a fixer upper 4 yrs ago. If you are still looking at the 2004, PM me and I will share my experience/costs/opinion.
Went and checked it out this weekend. Water damage. We've decided to entertain other options (maybe a class a), and are still shopping around. Did a little research, and we're better informed as to what is a fair price and what to watch for when inspecting the vehicles. Thanks for the reply!
waxtad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker