Old 04-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

2007 Sunseeker House Battery Replacement

Hello,
I need to replace the deep cycle 12v house battery in my 2007 Sunseeker but would like to ensure that I am replacing with factory specs/quality or even better. I'm having a hard time navigating this as I have only had the RV for one year and have ended up here for help. Any help/guidance/advice would be sincerely appreciated!

Old 04-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan View Post
Hello,
I need to replace the deep cycle 12v house battery in my 2007 Sunseeker but would like to ensure that I am replacing with factory specs/quality or even better. I'm having a hard time navigating this as I have only had the RV for one year and have ended up here for help. Any help/guidance/advice would be sincerely appreciated!
Most important is not to exceed the space provided for the battery. They are mfg. to a standard for type and capacity. If you wish to upgrade, just make sure it will fit. Then pick mfg, and compare specs.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:31 PM   #3

Thank you VinceU. I'm just having a hard time determining what the recommended replacement is. Nothing in the FR Manual and the current battery is too corroded to read the specs.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #4

Depends on what kind of camping you do. If you seldom dry camp, or just for a day go with a one/two 12v DEEP cycle battery of your choice. If you like to boondock and have the space go with a pair of 6v wired in series.

Marine / Recreational Vehicle Ė MR | Trojan Battery Company
will list the size and they are standard across all manufactures. For the 12v go with SCS150 and the 6v go with the T-105's. They ain't cheap. Others have had good luck with Costco and the employee hating big retailer from Arkansas batteries.

This has great information on all your 12 volt needs. The 12volt Side of Life (Part 1)

Find the local dealer for Trojan's, call them and get price. Show up with cash and play Let's Make A Deal.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:37 PM   #5

Great! Like this forum already. Thanks Red. Very helpful. Cheers
Old 04-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #6

I have an on board generator and generally our camping is long wkds at full service lots so sounds like a single 12v will do the trick. Great article on 12v btw. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan View Post
I have an on board generator and generally our camping is long wkds at full service lots so sounds like a single 12v will do the trick. Great article on 12v btw. Thanks again.
My guess would be a true deep cycle, not Marine or Deep/Starting. Size 24 with about 95 ampere/hour capacity for best longevity also.

Tags
battery, replacement, sunseeker