Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #1

2011 Sunseeker 2860DS CO Alarm

Last night, we had the generator running and a small electric heater. The CO alarm sounded. Anyone have any ideas as to what caused the alarm and what we can do for it not to happen again. Thanks.
docj682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

First of all , Welcome. Second, this thread should have been started in the Sunseeker section, not in Admin & Announcements. Third, did you have any windows open? If not, try the generator during the day and see if the alarm goes off. The detector may be ppicking up generator exhaust. Also are you sure it was the CO detector and not the gas detector?
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
First of all , Welcome. Second, this thread should have been started in the Sunseeker section, not in Admin & Announcements.
Good suggestion. It has been moved.

docj682, welcome to the forum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #4

More then likely if it was the CO detector it was exhaust fumes. Very first time we took ours out us and the kids were laying on the bed watching a movie and the alarm went off. It was 30 degrees outside so we had all the windows and vents shut. The air was heavy and the wind was blowing just right that the fumes were being directed straight under our living room slide out and I beleive it was coming through the bottom seal, the corners are not sealed the greatest. I turned off the generator, open the windows and door for 15 minutes so it could air out. I left the generator off the rest of the night (hoping that my batteries would run the Artic Pac all night) and it never went off again. The next day I had someone at the campsite run me into town and I had an exhaust company make me a six foot extension for the exhaust pipe on the generator. I put a 45 degree bend on one end, this way I can point it toward the back, toward the front, straight up or flip it around and go 6 foot straight out from the camper. I made it 6 feet so I could still fit it in the storage area and carry it with us easily.

We have not had the CO detector go off again since then.
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker le, electrical