Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 01:18 PM   #1

2012 sunseeker 2650

Inside the outer compartment of sanitary flush system there is a hard covered shield covering approximately half of opening of doorway. This makes it difficult to reach under to pull either the black or gray water t handles. I was just wondering what its main purpose was as i would love to remove it to have better access to underneath t handles. I'm sure it must has some value but i'm amazed as to its purpose. Could it have anything to do with cold weather protection???
redryder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #2

That's one of the holding tanks. Id have to look but I think it is the grey water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
TomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:19 AM   #3

2012 sunseeker 2650

Thanks for quick reply but the board is only less than 1/4 inch thick and maybe it is some kind of a shield to protect sanitary plumbing in winter??? We live in fla so don't need winter protection, but just am curious what it is used for.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:12 AM   #4

Sorry about that. I went and opened the door and I think I have seen that panel a hundred times and even swore when I scraped my arm on it!!....but have never really "seen" it...if you know what I mean!
There are a lot of wires directly behind it, so it is protecting them as well as the holding tank. It looks like we could take a jig saw and shorten the panel to give us more toom. We would have to be careful to secure the wiring higher.
TomG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #5

Thanks tom that's it. Was tempted to cut it away but after ur response guess I'll live with it

Tags
2012, sunseeker