Old 10-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #1

2013 3010DS Airbag issue

We had our coach into a Ford Dealership today because 1 of the inside rear dual tire keeps loosing air. When the tires were removed, they came across this issue with the airbags. Asked Ford dealer if this is something they should cover, said it's aftermarket and need to contact RV Dealer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	20995

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	20996

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	20997

Ford Dealer said it should be repaired ASAP. Have a call into RV Dealer and waiting on a return call.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Thanks in advance.

DebnSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
GM

What is the issue with the air bag?

Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #3

The issue is 2 fold. The passanger side inside duel tire is loosing pressure. The Ford dealership just called and said it lost 20 lbs overnight. They cannot figure out why it's loosing air. They are suggesting replacing the tire and the rim. When they removed the tire yesterday, the right rear air bag bolt is loose and the bracket is loose, plus he said the airbag is leaning. The tech at Ford said going over a bump could cause the airbag to explode and cause major damage to the tires. I called our RV dealer yesterday afternoon and explained all this to him as well as supplied the pics. He wanted to know if we would drive it to Richmond from Columbus, OH and we said we were not comfortable driving that distance. He they suggested that maybe FR would authorize Ford to fix it since it was already there. The RV dealer left a vm message with the FR Warranty person around 9:30 this morning for him to call me. I called at noon and left another message and have not heard anything back. This is brand new we have only had it 2 months today. Not happy at all! We were supposed to go camping over the weekend.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
GM

The Firestone system is like a "helper spring". It is not really part of the suspension as much as it helps dampen and balance the suspension. You could take it completely off and be perfectly drivable. There is an air nozzle in the storage compartment behind the tire that you can deflate the bag down to 5psi...I'm not sure why they would be worried about some mysterious explosion if you drop it down to 5 or 10 psi???

As for the tire losing pressure? They should be able to diagnose that. We use Ford stock tires & rims that come with the chassis. Nothing special.
Also, please post questions as a "New Thread" (not private message) so that others can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps.https://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #5

I think they were also concerned with the loose bolts and brackets.

They have had it for over 24 hours and they said they checked everything with the tire and cannot find what is causing the leak in the tire.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #6

Is there nothing that we should be worried about with the loose bolt and bracket?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
GM

Most of those have nylon nuts...so I guess it would depend on how loose. Stuff flying around is never good. I've asked warranty to see if they have a message.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM   #8

Left a vm with Mike J.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #9

I had same problem with rear inner tire it was the valve exstension not being tight enough
johnhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhh View Post
I had same problem with rear inner tire it was the valve exstension not being tight enough

Dealer had it off and then back on and the pressure still went down. He said it's a mystery, they just cannot figure out why. Going to order a new tire and rim.