Old 05-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #51

While I do agree it is easy to miss something in building a coach from the ground up, forgetting a 6' piece of tubing that ends up damaging the frame and not stepping up and admitting fault right away is pretty lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #52
GM

That is of course true if they kept track of who did the install. Bigfoot used to do all our installations. Then we had the brackets pre-welded, so we did the installs. Except of course for Chevy models. Oh and if a change order gets added when it is past that point, sometime we do them and sometimes Bigfoot does them.

I don't see where anyone denied fault...just took a little time trying to work out the exact fix.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #53

My 3120 was built in November 2011 and did not have the brace installed. Brian can confirm but I believe the jacks were being installed by Big Foot at that time. The brace was as far as I know was a running change some time afterwards. It was simple and cheap to make one up which I did. It would be nice if a recall had been issued to retrofit the older units but recalls rarely happen unless it's a potential serious safety issue.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #54

Maybe not denying fault, as it is being handled through warranty, I guess I should rephrase as that sounds harsh and incorrect. I'm just very surprised it's taken this long to come up with said fix. Frame=bent. Crossmember=buckled.
Cross brace=missing.
Just fix it all. There have been conversations where they have said the frame is not bent enough to worry about and the crossmember is on a section that is extended, not in the factory sections. What?!?! It's a ford crossmember on the ford frame. The rear extension is aft of the problem. And not bent enough?!?! If it's not how it was when is was delivered, it's not right. So I guess my frustration stems from not doing it right from the get go. Two months so far.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #55

For some reason I brain farted when I made the OP. It's a 2014, not a 2013. I need to verify what the build date was.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:39 PM   #56

[QUOTE=MKrase;611231]Maybe not denying fault, as it is being handled through warranty, I guess I should rephrase as that sounds harsh and incorrect. I'm just very surprised it's taken this long to come up with said fix. Frame=bent. Crossmember=buckled.
Cross brace=missing.
Just fix it all. There have been conversations where they have said the frame is not bent enough to worry about and the crossmember is on a section that is extended, not in the factory sections. What?!?! It's a ford crossmember on the ford frame. The rear extension is aft of the problem. And not bent enough?!?! If it's not how it was when is was delivered, it's not right. So I guess my frustration stems from not doing it right from the get go. Two months so far.

Wow, two months, since your camping season is year round you should get a loaner or be compensated for the cost of a rental since it's taking an unreasonable time to correct.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #57

Luckily no trips planned until July 4th week. Hopefully I won't need to ask for a loaner.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:20 AM   #58

Coach is back at the dealer after the frame shop repaired it. It looks acceptable, despite the crossmember not getting replaced since Ford can't supply it separately. Apparently it's only serviced with the entire frame. The frame is nice and straight and the buckles in the member are gone with only a slight ripple in the edges. They are going to get the bracket, jack, and cross brace installed early next week. I may end up welding in a straight piece of C-channel or even I-beam aft of the jacks as a second crossmember to make sure there is no possibility of this ever happening again. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400307585.687503.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	52599Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400307596.035999.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	52600Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400307605.101370.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	52601Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400307635.184765.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	52602

Old 05-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #59

2013 3170DS Bigfoot jacks and a bent frame

Still not done. The new bracket is welded on but I guess the new jack that they have had sitting there waiting to be installed for the last few weeks is wrong. Someone ordered or shipped the left front one, not the left rear. This is getting ridiculous. On a side note we took the old rig, a 1990 Jamboree Rally, down to the bay for a great day of sun, water, BBQ and remembrance. Glad we haven't sold the old girl just yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401172894.683084.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	355.4 KB
ID:	53425Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401172918.181815.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	362.1 KB
ID:	53426

Old 05-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKrase View Post
Coach is back at the dealer after the frame shop repaired it. It looks acceptable, despite the crossmember not getting replaced since Ford can't supply it separately. Apparently it's only serviced with the entire frame. The frame is nice and straight and the buckles in the member are gone with only a slight ripple in the edges. They are going to get the bracket, jack, and cross brace installed early next week. I may end up welding in a straight piece of C-channel or even I-beam aft of the jacks as a second crossmember to make sure there is no possibility of this ever happening again.

That is very thin C channel iron. They should have added a FB bracket in the web or on the edge to beef it back up. Hopefully they'll see that when they put the jacks on. The channel is distorted and has nowhere near the original strength, best of luck with it.

Tags
2013, 3170, bent, frame, jacks