Old 11-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
2013 Sunseeker 2500 TS Fuel Neck

Bought a new unit this past spring and have been having a problem filling the fuel tank. I have has to return the unit to dealership. They in turn have validated this is an issue that requires me to return it to factory. The current early diagnosis is that the new Ford chassis uses a fuel fill neck that is smaller than the previous Chevy design. The result is that one cannot fill the tank unless you hold the fuel nozzle in a certain angle and only pull the handle about a third or a quarter of the way. It takes 25 minutes to fill the tank and the fuel pump shuts off many times throughout the process. This has been popping up on some other units via word of mouth but I have not validated that as fact yet. I am setting up time to discuss the matter with the factory. The dealership is unable to resolve and took unit to Ford dealership. After 800 dollars in work the design of fuel neck is still not functional. Possibly slightly better but not near normal.

Does anyone see this happening? Anyone having similar issues? I am trying to find out of this is only a one off issue or a broader based systemic issue with this new model year on Ford chassis.

Help! Thanks for your feedback. Happy to help in any way I can. I am brand new to RV'ing this year. I love it but one cannot get very far without a full tank of gas. Just don't want to take 25 minutes to refuel every time I need fuel.

Many thanks.

rvsfun4cp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
RV Nomad
I, too, have a 2013 2500TS on a Ford chassis, bought new in June. I have filled up the tank several times this year, at many different gas stations, and have never had the problem you speak of. I do have the occasional shutoff of the pump if the nozzle is at a strange angle, or if the nozzle is pushed too far into the filler opening. Try changing the angle of the filler nozzle, or pull the nozzle out of the filler tube a bit. This usually solves the problem for me.

xgzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
Thanks. I just spoke with the factory today. They are going to transport my coach back for a full review. It appears something is defective but it will require more invasive work to diagnose what is going on. I will say they were very responsive at the factory do in am hopeful. My situation is way more extreme in that it happens no matter which pump I use. It just shuts off. I really appreciate your input and reply. Thanks. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
rvsfun4cp is offline   Reply With Quote