Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 05:18 AM   #1

Question 2013 Sunseeker 3010DS TV cabinet

We've just purchased a 2013 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS class C RV. It has a great 32" TV in the kitchen area directly across from the sofa, perfect for watching the game. Go 'Heels!

In the 2015 models of the same Rv this TV flips up allowing the owner to access the wasted space behind. 2013 models have to remove the Tv, take off the molding, remove the TV bracket and a bunch of screws to get to this space. Has anyone upgraded the hardware on this cabinet to allow regular access to this cabinet? So much wasted space!

Thanks!
Tallpaulgould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #2

I have a 2015 3010 and I don't have any type of storage behind the tv either. Tv is mounted on a bracket that you slide upward to remove, but nothing but a wood wall behind it.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
I have a 2015 3010 and I don't have any type of storage behind the tv either. Tv is mounted on a bracket that you slide upward to remove, but nothing but a wood wall behind it.
Maybe it was a 2016 then. I was watching a YouTube for a dealer doing a walk through and he lifted the TV to show the storage behind it. There was also a cabinet above the main entry door that I don't have (I have just plain wall) and that cabinet had the DVD player radio.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallpaulgould View Post
Maybe it was a 2016 then. I was watching a YouTube for a dealer doing a walk through and he lifted the TV to show the storage behind it. There was also a cabinet above the main entry door that I don't have (I have just plain wall) and that cabinet had the DVD player radio.

Mine does have the cabinet above the entrance door. Would be nice to have more storage behind the tv. We do have storage behind the tv in the bedroom.
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #5

I checked out some of the YouTube videos that I watched before I bought the rig. I found. 2016 3010DS that showed the handle under the TV and then in this 2017 video the guy lifts up the TV to show the storage. The source selector for antenna/cable/DVD etc was in the cabinet above the sink originally. I took the TV down and rerouted the wiring down through the TV cabinet and used some heavy duty Velcro to put the selector under the cabinet. Looks nice and clean installed. So now my over the sink cabinet is all for dishes.

The main reason I would like easier access to this cabinet behind the TV is that I am about to install a King Jack HD antenna and it needs a owner source for the boost. I can pull power from the always on 12V behind the TV and would also,like to add my Apple TV or an Amazon Firestick. This cabinet would be great to hide those things and with easy access, to turn on the antenna booster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5977.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	133089   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5976.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	133090  
Old 04-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #6

Is the 32 inch tv supposed to work while driving or only when it hooked up to 110?

Thanks Gary
ace1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #7

My set is hard-wired into the 12v system so it can work while driving. Since I've only driven my rig home and parked a few weeks ago, o can't say that I've actually tried yet.

2013 Forest River Sunseeker 3010DS
Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian217 View Post
Mine does have the cabinet above the entrance door. Would be nice to have more storage behind the tv. We do have storage behind the tv in the bedroom.
If you inside the left side closet you open space right behind the bedroom TV
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1948 View Post
Is the 32 inch tv supposed to work while driving or only when it hooked up to 110?

Thanks Gary
It should work while you are driving it runs off your house batteries
goots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, 2013