Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #1
Jdk

2014 2300 Tips Please

Getting ready to go on our first long trip the 1st of Sep. Trying to organize and find a place for everything. What's tips and words of advice do you seasoned travelers have? May or May not be towing our Saturn, Depends on if family travels with us in their 5th wheel. Planning to be gone 4 weeks going to WA and OR.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #2

Add ups

See my post at 03-08-2014, 06:39. Also look at the lasko fan at Sam's

Lasko Max Performance Pivoting Utility Fan
by Lasko | Item #: 427219 |Model #: U15701

It will fit in the bay with the water fiilter. In the summer the fan and grill go in there, and in the winter it is the heater and the grill (stainless steel gas from lowes).
DeLonghi TRN0812T Portable Oil-Filled Radiator with Programmable Timer

Glass top from amazon for the burner top to add kitchen space. We removed the table from the u shape and use a folding table from Wally, and a single folding chair from Sam's that both stow behind the driver seat. I split the seat top on the forward dinnete added a brace to the create a new storage bay. Two strile brand plastice trays fit under the long dinette seat. Moved the woofer to gain space. Tractor supply for a flexible 8" high x 18" black bucket to put the white water hoses inside, and the 30amp power wrapped around the outside, The small one flat side pale from tractor supply will fit in the sewer bay nicely for dissenficant.

Also the 24 x 24 folding table from Sam's will fit in the floor of the right rear bay.
Oxegenic shower head swap. Small 120volt clip on fan for bedroom at night, large front window shade from Sam's for the dinnette window. Drain screens for the sink and bath sink.

Lasko #2004W 6-Inch 2-SPEED White Clip Fan

Narrow hangers for the closet

Honey-Can-Do HNG-01523 Recycled Plastic Hangers, 15-Pack, White

amazon and I are buds...

Ordered a set of custom inside windsheild and door window covers (foil), very nice (we have a chevy 4500).

Magma 10 Piece Gourmet Nesting Stainless Steel Cookware Set

Food Umbrella Umbrellas Set of 2 for Picnics and Outdoor Eating

I keep a few peices of black pipe foam (about 1.50 per stick) and keep 10" piece on the awning to keep the door from hitting it when (if) it swings open.

You want to get a quality water pressure gauge (I like watts) and power protection of some sort (Progressive 30 amp portable for me). I bought a multi pack of single key master locks and use a cable to secure the $200 power to the 30 amp cable (cut off security tag, it was a joke).

Progressive Industries PT30C 30 Amp Portable Electrical Management System

I floored the rear bay to accomidate a bar ice maker machine, small ladder (lowes), two 24" wide fold over top plastic boxes, 5 plastic ammo boxes from harbor freight for misc and tools.

PM me if you have questions.....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #3

More

Forgot a thermometer for the frig.... And camp chairs in the bay behind the gen set. We require a percolator for the am, and a waring blender for the pm....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #4

I believe where ever you go there is a Walmart. Don't worry if you forget something you can get it everywhere. Just relax and plan the trip.

Started Out With Nothing,
Still Have Most Of It Left!
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
2015 Sunseeker 2300

We are looking to purchase a 2300 also so let us know how you like it..worrying it might become too small since there is no floor space because of the huge dinette and no pantry or counter space where you have an outlet
sure wish they would replace that dinette with a sofa..you can always get a folding table
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
Jdk

Yes I think I would like a sofa better but I really like the roll out drawers in the dinette seats. I plan on putting the table down in the evenings and stretch out there to either read or watch tv. I have several small fold up cloth boxes that that can stack to put in the upper cabinets over the bed which are great for organizing underwear, socks and t shirts. Easy to grab what I need when I first get up and will leave the drawers under the closet for other things. Some of it will be just trial and error but I think we will have plenty of room for the 2 of us. I do LOVE the back storage area. So easy to get to. Anxious to leave.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:56 PM   #7
Jdk

Forgot to add that I did buy the black stove top cover from Amazon which has a rubber back. Looks great and doubles the counter space when not using the stove. It stays in place when driving.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
2015 Sunseeker 2300

well we went with high hopes to see what was advertised as 2013 2300 Sunseeker only to find out it was a 2010 with 43,300 miles. So now we are wondering if we should go forward or hold off. We do not know if this is a lot of mileage for this year unit..it doesn't have the remote control side mirrors no rear vision camera, although they say they will install for free since they had already told us it was on the unit there is only 51 hours on the generator..it seems to drive good but I have read that at 50,000 miles shocks may need replacing need some advice go forward or hold off??? We are not in a potion to be able to do any maintenance on our own ..husband has had a stroke..
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags