Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

2014 2860DS Roof Vent Replacements

I have a 2014 2860DS that needs 2 new stock vent covers in rear bedroom and in bathroom. The dealer couldn't tell me what size and hinge was stock on the MH. Can anyone tell me for sure what came stock on that model and what hinge also. I can't look at it now and want to buy the covers to take to where its parked. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Ron
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
I have a 2014 2860DS that needs 2 new stock vent covers in rear bedroom and in bathroom. The dealer couldn't tell me what size and hinge was stock on the MH. Can anyone tell me for sure what came stock on that model and what hinge also. I can't look at it now and want to buy the covers to take to where its parked. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Ron

From what I know you have to look at them to determine which ones you have. I’m not a fan of Camping World but I’m not stable enough to be climbing on the roof so I took my camper to them luckily they had time then to change them out for about $75 each.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

99% of them are Heng 14” vents. Why replace el cheapo’s with the same thing?
Old 06-02-2018, 05:01 PM   #4
2014 SunSeeker 2300

The ones they installed were by far. Better than the junk FR had installed.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #5

so found out one is a Hengs fan 122112 one is same size not a fan both have same vent cover no markings about 14 1/2' (give or take they are warped somewhat) with a 9 1/2" slide type hinge. They seem larger than the 14" that are talked about?? They lasted about 3 yrs in Washington state. So if I don't put cheap ones back on what is a good one to go with that will work on my MH. Ill probably put the dome covers on later, but don't have time right now to do so.
thanks
RON
Old 06-03-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

I would spend the extra $10 and get polycarbonate lids. I think Ventline and Maybe Jensen have replacements that wil fit your Hengs.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:20 AM   #7

Quote:
so found out one is a Hengs fan 122112 one is same size not a fan both have same vent cover no markings about 14 1/2' (give or take they are warped somewhat) with a 9 1/2" slide type hinge. They seem larger than the 14" that are talked about?? They lasted about 3 yrs in Washington state. So if I don't put cheap ones back on what is a good one to go with that will work on my MH. Ill probably put the dome covers on later, but don't have time right now to do so.
thanks
RON
We installed MAXXAIR II Covers over our Vent "LIDs" when our unit was brand New! We still have the Same "Lids & Covers" and our unit is Way older than yours,plus the Same Mr Sun is beating down on ours also! Plus it takes LESS time to install the Covers than to replace the Lids! Youroo!!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
We installed MAXXAIR II Covers over our Vent "LIDs" when our unit was brand New! We still have the Same "Lids & Covers" and our unit is Way older than yours,plus the Same Mr Sun is beating down on ours also! Plus it takes LESS time to install the Covers than to replace the Lids! Youroo!!
x's 2 on the max airs. Love them. Have on on my motorcycle trailer also.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
x's 2 on the max airs. Love them. Have on on my motorcycle trailer also.
X3. There are so many advantages to the MaxxAir II covers that they should come standard. They are easy to install, easy to clean, protect the vent lids, and provide ventilation in any weather. Asparky, I would suggest taking an extra 15 minutes per vent opening and install them over your new vent covers.
And, we will accept your thanks when you see for yourself.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #10

Amazon and Camco

Quote:
Thanks

Ron
Between Amazon and the Camco website you can figure it out because the Camco site tells you what years each size was used. They cost about $10 each and can be installed in about 15 minutes with a Phillips screwdriver and a long nose pliers. Our trailer sits in a pine Grove so I have a little practice.

Larry
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #11

I have a 2014 2860DS and replaced all 3 of my vent lids with the Camco listed below. They are polycarbonate and supposed to be UV stable unlike the factory covers. Do all 3, you won't regret it.

Like others have mentioned, I put the MaxxAir over the bathroom vent so I could run the fan if it rains. WHile you are at it put a Hengs fan in too. I linked a couple of my videos below on the MaxxAir and Hengs fan.

Camco vent covers

Old 06-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #12

How Long will the MAXXAIR II Covers last In the worst scenario?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #13

Is this the MAXXAIR II (933072) White Vent Cover You all are talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM   #14
Certified Curmudgeon

I see you have changed your interest from new vent lids to covers.
My unit came with a MaxxAir over the fantastic fan in the front vent. I put one of these over the hengs in the bathroom: Camco 40421 Aero-Flo Roof Vent Cover (White) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006JLU22..._HIFfBbT7PQBW1
Then I replaced the Hengs in the bedroom with one of these:
Maxxair 00-06200K MaxxFan Ventillation Fan with Smoke Lid and Manual Opening Keypad Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OW5JIU..._INFfBb9Z0W3M6

If you are going to cover the vents, I dont see a reason to buy polycarb lids. Just replace your hengs. YMMV
Old 06-05-2018, 05:59 AM   #15

This is the MaxxAir vent cover I used. I don't know if the one you linked will work or not.

MaxxAir Vent Cover at Amazon
Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 AM   #16

Quote:
How Long will the MAXXAIR II Covers last In the worst scenario?
Under "Normal Conditions " they will last a LONG time,under "Worst Scenario" like you ask,probably "Millisecond" this would be a "Tree limb/overpass/gas station/power line/installing Backwards"! The MaxxAir II have a Factory 6 year Warr! Youroo!!
Old 06-05-2018, 03:50 PM   #17

I had to get the Hengs, For some reason not a big choice and I didn't have time to order thru Amazon prime. I have decided to put on the Maxx covers (Why I just got the Hengs) I just have to decide which one. the link to the one on Amazon (Maxxair 503.15 (00-933066) says warranty is 6 yrs .. Probably not everything but seem to be an OK type of cover. When I have more time in a couple weeks I'll put one of them type on. I still would till like to hear recommendations on the Over the vent covers like Maxx etc.
Thanks
RON
Old 06-05-2018, 04:00 PM   #18

I have the Maxx air over cover. Love 'em. My roof vents stay open for 8 months while we are in Florida. Trailers in MA. stay open in driving rains, no leaks.

have one on my motorcycle trailer also.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:41 PM   #19
Certified Curmudgeon

Under the stated circumstances I think you made the right call. The maxx cover (503...) you linked to is the original style. They work just fine and will last along time. The maxx II is better if you have a higher volume fan then the one in the bathroom because it has more vent however, they both will work just fine. I chose the camco aeroflo for the little bathroom fan vent because of its lower profile.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #20

Don't be shy anout putting some protectall on the roof covers, everything else up there for that matter. UV is the enemy here. Warning, protectall can go on your fiberglass roof to stop UV but it will be slicker than (select your word here).
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, replacement, roo, roof, vent