Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
MH Noob

2014 3120 DS - Front Cap

Hi there,

For some reason the previous owners of my unit did not opt for the molded front cap. Does anyone know if this can be purchased aftermarket? If it was not too spendy it seems like it would be a smart modification.
Slimjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:42 PM   #2

I'm no expert but I did some research while I was shopping the last couple years and from what I remember the single piece front end cap was standard for 2014.

Or at the very least even if it was an "option" it was added to all FR coaches. They changed the style of cap between 2014 and 2015 but I believe both are single piece front caps.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #3

Be better off to get another coach I would think
Old 08-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #4
Class C Representative

The walls are cut and framed a certain way for the one piece fiberglass front cap. If yours was not cut and framed that way in production you will be unable to get a molded cap.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:43 AM   #5

I thought one piece front caps were standard too by 2014. My guess it was a fleet rental unit which are often made a inexpensively as possible.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #6
Class C Representative

It may have been an early 2014 model where it was still an option.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimjc View Post
Hi there,

For some reason the previous owners of my unit did not opt for the molded front cap. Does anyone know if this can be purchased aftermarket? If it was not too spendy it seems like it would be a smart modification.
I wouldn't worry about not having the molded front cap. They are not without their issues either. Just keep a close eye on the joints and caulking and you will be fine. Also if you store you RV inside or under a cover you will have added protection. IMO the cost to do the modification wouldn't be worth while.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #8
MH Noob

Thank you for all of the responses.....I have been diligently caulking and sealing the front cap. I was using the silkaflex to ensure it held up under flex.....so far so good. I will say those running lights look a bit suspect.....going after those as well.
Slimjc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags