Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Average Joe

2014 Sunseeker 2450s - Options

Hello Everyone, This is my first question on this wonderful forum.

In placing my order for a 2014 Sunseeker 2450s, I ordered most every option except fancy paint. The one option I didn't see on the order sheet was the extra coach battery. When I inquired, I was told this was now a standard feature. Does this sound correct? If so, GREAT! ( I love smilies...hee hee)
MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

When I took a tour of the factory a couple weeks ago I saw the battery boxes on the floor ready for installation and all had two batteries. The engineer I was with said two batteries are standard now.

Everybody has different wants and desires but I consider the full paint option as the favorite one that I got.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
When I took a tour of the factory a couple weeks ago I saw the battery boxes on the floor ready for installation and all had two batteries. The engineer I was with said two batteries are standard now.

Everybody has different wants and desires but I consider the full paint option as the favorite one that I got.

That makes me feel better.

I liked the Latte paint, but the Mrs. didn't like the idea. For some odd reason she thinks I'd just scratch it up... Being an old offroader, she might have a point.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #4

Paint holds up better than white and decals if stored outside. I built a pole building to store mine in. Considering the cost of these things the added cost for the building (about $10K) is not that great. It stays perfectly clean and dry. No sun damage and I don't worry about bad weather predictions such as hail storms.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post

In placing my order for a 2014 Sunseeker 2450s, I ordered most every option except fancy paint. The one option I didn't see on the order sheet was the extra coach battery. When I inquired, I was told this was now a standard feature. Does this sound correct? If so, GREAT! ( I love smilies...hee hee)
I have a 2013 2450s with full Auburn body paint (I try to be careful) and every option that was available back then. After reading it looks like the extra coach battery is standard. That is a great idea because it was an option when we got ours. I went with the Chevy chassis and am very happy. We have been on two extended trips and everything works wonderful. Our two favorite options are the Full Entertainment System and the upgraded Serta mattress. Make sure you post when you get yours.
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Average Joe

We opted to keep the over-cab bunk since we'll certainly have grandkids along. So, full-body paint holds up better? I would have never figured. I tend to pinstripe every vehicle I own via branches.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #7

We went with the entertainment system since we could put the dining table down for the grandsons. You will love the 2450S. The slide opens it up just right. We have had a lot of RVers approach us about the paint calling it a mini Class A. Paint lasts just like taking care of your car. The normal white finish requires a lot of maintenance. Definitely keep it covered or in a garage for best looks.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoe View Post

Mr. Clemens-can you order AGM batteries as an upgrade-of course a buyer would have to pay for it. Also why not LED lights like Forester.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
Mr. Clemens-can you order AGM batteries as an upgrade-of course a buyer would have to pay for it. Also why not LED lights like Forester.
1. Just to confirm 2nd battery is now standard (as discussed). I got tired of checking the option on 99.9% of my units. I had ONE single dealer that did not option it, but yet every customer sort of expects it. So since I make the price sheets...I sort of pushed that one through for selfish reasons. It will get updated in the next brochure.

2. AGM batteries. At the end of the day...this is still an assembly line process. So we try and standardize as much as we can. There is very little demand for LGM batteries (that is definitely a power-user "techy" request). At 16 units a day...we don't want to have options that get taken once every blue moon (too easy to miss). Plus, its an easy one to upgrade after the fact.

3. Product Separation. Unlike other mfg's, we promised our dealers we would not clone products (For example Fleetwood Tioga and Jamboree are exact copies just to get more dealers in a market place). So even though Sunseeker and Forester are similar, we still want to keep them separate (Chevy-Buick/Ford-Lincoln). Keeps dealers happy...Sunseeker are happy to have a little better price, Forester dealers are happy to have a few extra features to brag about. win-win.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
Average Joe

My 2450 is ready! We're picking it up on October 11. We are planing on camping near the dealer, Buffalo RV. Any suggestions?

It's like Christmas in October!

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #11

Have a great time. That is great news. We are at about 4000 miles and all is good now. Ready to head south soon.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by markangie24 View Post
Have a great time. That is great news. We are at about 4000 miles and all is good now. Ready to head south soon.
I'm betting we'll have 1500 miles on ours before it gets home... Depending on how much cruising the delivery guy did. (-:

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

Tags
2450, sunseeker