Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

2014 Sunseeker 2860DS Holding Tanks/Arctic Pac

I have a 2014 Sunseeker 2860DS and am trying to determine if I have the Arctic Pac system with enclosed and heated holding tanks. I have a switch on the control panel for arctic pac that lights up when flipped and an owners manual that came with it. Was told by salesman and the guy who did the walk through all about it. For some reason when I called Forest River to ask a question about its use the rep assigned to me said that according to his records I do not have it??
Can not get any straight answer now from the dealer as they have changed hands. Any help would be appreciated.
Fburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:25 PM   #2
Wait till next year...

Have you checked the black and grey valve compartment? I believe you might be able to see the tanks and see the pads on the bottom. Needless to say there should also be a line from the furnace that heats the compartment. The pads will eat up battery power if dry camping
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #3

A couple of different things are referred to here. Heated and enclosed tanks--the tanks are enclosed and some of the heat from the furnace is ducted into the area and also the water pump and waste valve compartment. When the furnace runs, the tanks are heated. Arctic Pak--electric mats that are glued to the bottoms of the black and gray holding tanks. These are controlled by a switch on the main control panel. If the switch is on AND the temperature is below 40 degrees F, the pads will heat up and keep the contents of the tanks from freezing. The fresh water tank is located above the floor on Sunseekers and does not have a heating pad. If you have the switch and it lights up when on, then you have the Arctic Pak.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 10-31-2015, 08:26 AM   #4

Thanks!
Fburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:42 AM   #5

If you have a switch on the convenience panel and a fuse so labeled in the power distribution panel, you probably have the Arctic Pak. Here's a photo showing the wires to the heating pads on our Sunseeker 3100. The larger red ones go to the pads. You can see that the smaller ones go to the tank level sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1446298663960.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	93352  
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #6

You also have to be connected to shore power or running the geni for the artic package to work. Meaning the heat pads under your black and grey tanks.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker 88 View Post
You also have to be connected to shore power or running the geni for the artic package to work. Meaning the heat pads under your black and grey tanks.
The Arctic Pak tank heating pads run on 12 volts, either from the batteries or from the convertor. They use a lot of amps and will kill your batteries in hours. You don't have to be on shore power or run the generator to use the heating pads, but you do need 120 volts AC to power the convertor if you want to run them for very long.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:04 PM   #8
2012 Solera

Tank heater voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
The Arctic Pak tank heating pads run on 12 volts, either from the batteries or from the convertor. They use a lot of amps and will kill your batteries in hours. You don't have to be on shore power or run the generator to use the heating pads, but you do need 120 volts AC to power the convertor if you want to run them for very long.
On our Solera the Arctic Pac tank heaters are 12 volt - however Ultraheat apparently offers 12 volt, 120 volt and "dual voltage" (12 volt and 120 volt elements in the same heater pad):
UltraHeat, Inc. - How to Select UltraHeat® Tank Heaters
Not sure if FR has started using 120 volt pads on some units.
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, sunseeker, tank