Old 03-21-2015, 07:48 PM   #1
2014 Sunseeker 3170ds leak in bunkhouse slide - help

Our first real trip and we have discovered a leak in our bunkhouse slide, the leak was coming through the bottom of the 12 volt light, I think the seal by the drive gear may be bad, will be brining it to shop but has anyone experienced this? Attaching a couple of pics, they don't show the leak but to show the light and gear I am speaking of. As a note also found that the deal on the bottom of the Toliet is leaking a bit

Open for adviceClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426985260.558638.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	71881Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1426985278.305323.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	71882

2014 SunSeeker 3170DS
Ford F-450
drakethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
It might not be the gear seal. Someone else had this on here as well. The angle molding on the top of the slide (where it meets the outside slide fascia) was not sealed so water settled on the slide roof. I'm not sure if someone was thinking the slide topper protected it from water...the slide topper is just for debris. Still needs sealed. That is where I would check first.

Repair guy might need to pull the slide topper to make it easier, but it should be simple from there.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #3
I found a leak today, but it's the only thing wet is the floor and carpet... and we leave tomorrow.
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 29
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #4
Love My Sunseeker
I had this problem in my 3170 with the computer desk. If it's raining, depending on the angle of the rain, it might sneak in on the corner of the slide. I had it on both slides. But the interesting this is...... I survived five tornadoes in Iowa with NO LEAKS, only to have it leak during rain when I got home.....

Design flaw, it will come in on the corner of the slide. I just put a towel down to catch them.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, 3170, bunkhouse, leak, slide, sunseeker